1996 LS fully built

acclude

cheap bastard
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site, but not new to forums or tuning. I've been a member of CB7Tuner.com, AccordRacing.com, Honda-Tech.com, AccordWagonClub.com, and a few other sites with the same or similar username. Been building cars for over 15 years.

Anyways, I've always stuck to the Accords and recently I picked up an Integra so I decided to make my way over here.

A brief history of the car
I bought this car at an auction when I had a used car dealership with my uncle. I did a few things to it like body kit, rims, and we sold it to a guy named Daniel. He had a big interest in performance and imports so I started teaching him what I know. We started modifying this car together and he did many things to it over the course of a few years. We also became very good friends during this time frame. He got this crazy idea to build an all-motor LS that would stomp most vehicles on the street. We researched it, crunched some numbers and came up with a parts list of what would achieve his goal. We then pulled the motor and began working on it. It got a full motor rebuild with the new parts, some stripping (some of you know how I like my vehicles stripped and naked), electrical changes and so other stuff. We were working on it in our spare time. A few things came up like him getting married and me leaving for the Army that prevented us from finishing the car. It sat for almost 2 years with nothing being done to it. I was finally in the market for another project car and was looking at Accords locally in MD. Just out of curiosity, I asked him if he wanted to sell the Integra and he said yes! To make a long story short, I bought this integra from him and plan to finish it and abuse the hell out it! I really wanted another Accord but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse! I won't tell you what I paid for it but lets just say that it's got about $20K sunk into it not counting the man-hours, and I picked it up for a fraction of that. I'm going to be starting on it after this winter.

Here's the details
96 Integra LS coupe - B18B1 5-speed

Engine
3 angle valve-job
Massive port & polish the head.
Intake mani and exhaust header have been ported to match the head
.5mm oversized Intake & exhaust valves
Crower 404 cams (stage 3)
Crower dual valve springs
Crower titanium retainers
10.5:1 JE SRP pistons
ARP head studs
Eagle H-beam rods
ARP rod bolts
Toda rod bearings
Adj. cam gears
Greddy t-belt
DC race only header (4-1 w/2.5" collector)
2.5" Test pipe cat replacement
2.5" cat-back Thermal R&D
Stage 2 Exedy clutch
8.5lb flywheel
MSD 6AL ignition
MSD HVC Blaster Coil
345cc Injectors (H22) w/resistor box
Nology race wires w/grounded shielding
NGK iridium plugs
OBX fuel rail
AEM FPR
Fuel pressure gage at filter
Skunk2 intake manifold
Skunk2 70mm Throttle body
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Innovate wideband O2
Jet chipped OBD2 ECU
Chipped P72 OBD1 running Uberdata
OBD2>OBD1 conversion harness
OBD2 and OBD1 Distributor
Morosso race oil pan
magnetic oil plug
stripped A/C

Suspension, Brakes & Wheels
Eibach Springs
Ground Control coil-overs
Tokico (I think) struts
SRP canmber kit F&R
Brembo x-drilled & slotted rotors
Axxis carbon-kevlar pads
4 BSA 17"s with Nanking street tires
4 Falken 17"s with Dunlop FM901 track tires

Exterior
Front Lip
Kitted (don't remember the kit type off the top of my head)
stripped emblems

Interior
partially stripped interior

and more stuff I know I'm forgetting right now.

This is an odd-ball motor build. No one builds a non-VTEC like this but here it is anyways. Expected power is in the 200-220HP to the wheels and a good amount of torque at higher RPM's. New redline is somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-9k RPM's. Compression ratio is very close to 11:1 with the new pistons, milling and decking. This build should kick out better numbers than the Type-R. Idle is around 1,200-1,500 RPM.

Plans for the future:
swap out the cams for some better suited for turbo
I'm picking up a B-series turbo mani w/turbo soon (still need the rest of the turbo parts too)
upgraded radiator and fan
LSD and maybe different gearing
beefier axles
Strut bars
urethane bushings
maybe different struts/springs
roll cage (probably bolt in since my shop will not let me weld on the car)
race seats & harnesses
continue stripping the car down and swap parts for lighter versions (I like my cars naked)
minor body work and a black paint job
maybe a few other things
that's about it for now. It really won't need much else after that!

I've got a 2000 Durango 5.9L 4x4 and car trailer to haul it as well. That basically means that I don't have to be practical with this car at all ;)

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
Before anyone asks, no I do not have any actual details about power output. The motor has not been started since the build. I plan to finish it and have it going spring time

JasperDA9

engine build looks good.
not a fan of the wheels or tail lights but if you like it :thumbup:

acclude

cheap bastard
keep us updated
I will. I should have it finished in a few months when it starts to warm up again

engine build looks good.
not a fan of the wheels or tail lights but if you like it :thumbup:
The BSA's are OK for street rims, but the Falken track rims/tires I have are a similar design, but much nicer ;)

Tailights might end up getting blacked out or swapped for something else.

acclude

cheap bastard
Hey bro! Yeah, I finally made it over here too :) BTW, my pdeobear could kick your pedobears ass :p

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Hate to break it to you but your not going to hit 200hp with what you got. Nice little build though. What's the diameter on the pistons? Also did you get your motor sleeved? If not you should before you boost.

hatchoo

what kind of front lip is that? i've been looking around for a half-bumper lip that looks like yours.

Good luck with the build.

acclude

cheap bastard
Hate to break it to you but your not going to hit 200hp with what you got. Nice little build though. What's the diameter on the pistons? Also did you get your motor sleeved? If not you should before you boost.
I read your other response about power #'s. I think it will be close even with the lower comp ratio but we'll see.

81.5mm bore, no sleeving

If I go turbo, I'm going to re-do many aspects of the engine. Sleeving is a must if I do a high boost application. That's down the road and I don't have any definite plans for it yet.

what kind of front lip is that? i've been looking around for a half-bumper lip that looks like yours.

Good luck with the build.
Thanks, and to be honest, I don't remember what lip it is. I'll do some digging through my box of receipts and try to find out for you ;)

i dont think he is gonna boost a car with 10:5:1 comp are you???? thats kinda high lol
No definite plans yet. I may do a low boost setup with something like a T-25 and the higher comp ratio, or I may re-do the bottom-end and go with a T3/T4 or something similar. I'll start planning it out when the time comes.

Thanks for the feedback! It is appreciated!

acclude

cheap bastard
BTW, even though it looks kinda crappy in some of the pics, this car has less than 70k miles on it!!!

B20 Panda

Even though this guy bashes on numbers. =P lol. I agree with him. I had a Bone stock block, with a LS head, fully built. Same Crower Valves, Crower dual valve springs, Crower retainers, Full port and Polished (I cut my finger sliding it down the intake runners, it was so ported.) The only difference was dude..I had Stage 2 Crower cams, 422 intake lift, 411 exhaust, with a 300 duration..those were huuuuuuge cams for street! and I'm lucky if I put down 160 dude. Unfortunately to say...it takes a turbo, nitrous, Supercharger, or Vtec head (Built) to make a LS/B20 break 200 dude. I've got a big shot of nos, and I'm 2 hp shy of 200. Lol..but then again..my motor did have 126 Crank HP B20B/p8r head FTL stock! lol. Good luck on everything though!

Oh..and I think thats the mugen half bumper lip? They make one that's not a half bumper as well!