1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

R13

The other asshole
Will do.

You know about the stamp, Right? Seems like a lot of people now days aren't aware of the oem stamp.

ASGSR

Will do.

You know about the stamp, Right? Seems like a lot of people now days aren't aware of the oem stamp.
Yeah I know about it that's why I'm just waiting to find one.

mirrorimg

Thanks. That's the same thing i thought. I was actually looking at them and I think they are cut. They are probably shorter than the ones I already have so im not even going to waste my time putting them on.
Don't look cut to me. You can tell by how the spring coil gets closer at the end, and flattens out. If the spring was cut you wouldn't have that.

ASGSR

So a couple weeks ago I noticed that when my engine is warm and i go into vtec it sputters. It feels like if it were engaging and disengaging. Like if there were a rev limiter holding me back and not allowing me to get the full effect of vtec. I've researched as much as I can but cant't find a solution. Hopefully tomorrow I get around changing the oil again. I'm gonna go with 10w-30 instead of the 5w-30 thats in the car now. With the thicker oil this should increase the oil pressure and hopefully this can fix the sputtering. If not I'm gonna try changing the spark plugs since the car sometimes takes longer to start on colder mornings. I guess im just gonna do process of elimination unless you guys know what the problem could be. Sorry for all the questions this is just driving me crazy.

ASGSR

Took a little road trip down to JDM Florida (JDM Tech) in Orlando and picked up a DC2 OEM Type R spoiler. Will get some more pictures of it when I put it on the car tomorrow.

Last edited:

ASGSR

Here it is:

I do plan on painting the car soon so it will stay black until then. I am going to weld the holes where the light was tho. Ill post pictures when I get around to it.

ASGSR

Unfortunately my car died on me on the way to Winterfest (Local Car Meet) last saturday. It cranks but doesn't start. I'm getting fuel I'm just not getting spark. Changed sparks and plugs but that's not it. I'm pretty sure the dizzy went bad. I should have the new one by tomorrow. Hopefully this fixes the problem. And on a greater note when we were pushing the car on the tow truck we didn't noticed that the bumper would hit so it got dented and better yet my back tire got a screw in it. I took care of all of that today and took the dizzy out. Just waiting on parts now. );

Changed the dizzy and it started right up

Last edited:

ASGSR

Update: Started welding the patch on the trunk

Not the best welds but it will do

Applied Duraglass filler to fill the holes

Sanded it down and applied body filler

And applied some edge primer to keep the rust monster away until tomorrow