2001 GS audio

BrainDeadSpeed

Southern Imports
Oh security for the car, yeah I'm looking for it. I don't live in the ghetto but Houston has some really bad areas like I'm sure every city and town has bad areas.

I'm thinking of shaving the doors, but unsure. And before any discussion gets put on that comment I know how much work it is, I've done it before and I know it sucks, lol.

Just a quick question, anyone have a suggestion for any alarm systems to look for? I've found a couple I really like.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
remove the key cilinder rods, disconnect the door lock buttons.
that way a jiggle key cant be used to open the door.
theres a writeup on how to cover your door lock rod to prevent slim jim.

also when you install aftermarket actuators they are much harder to move so they hold the door lock rods in place much better to prevent someone using a coat hanger.
trunk pin,2 hood pins (yes 2 hood pins in different spots)
hood cable relocation, hood latchmechanism cover to prevent someone from pulling the cable as well, zip tie it to the core support.
piezo siren inside or maybe 2 of them,underdash strobe light makes it had to see the wires,very annoying along with piezo siren.
backup battery for the alarm.
fuel cutoff ignition/starter/mainrelay/ignitor etc anything powered by a relay can be cut off.
window tint prevens people from peeking into the car while walking by.
hiding the alarm antenna so people dont know what kind of alarm you have,
prox sensor tilt sensor,glass break sensor,
and many more lol.

i like autopage because their remotes break less often than DEI(viper, clifford)
i like compustar because it has very good range, and remotes are good quality as well( had mine for 4 years no problems)

BrainDeadSpeed

Southern Imports
I'm looking at this one system with a pager and window break senors and a siren. I'm thinking of getting a quick release steering wheel and keeping it with me when I leave the car.

I have an appointment to take it up to a window tinting shop and told them I want Limo tint on the five windows, they refuse to do the front windshield though (some Texas law, maybe not just Texas...).

I'm trying to find an Acura dealership near me but I've been busy to regrease the locking mechanisms for me, unless they either don't do it or want too much to do it I'll do it myself next week.

Instead of shaved doors I like the idea of replacing the handles with the back door handles off of a four door so there is no key hole, and I've got on the phone to see how much it is to get the hatch key hole shaved.

I've ordered some hood pins but only one pair, I didn't think of getting two pairs. Might be a good idea to get two pair though.

A back up battery for alarm is a great idea.

The brand of alarm system I'm looking at is Crime Guard...

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
not the hood pin i was talking about.

you notticed all that was related to alarm,
i meant 2 of these

id go with a bit better known brand, we carried crime guard and they are not that great wuality, had more issues than autopage.

BrainDeadSpeed

Southern Imports
Yeah I didn't order the type of hood pins you were thinking of. Got any site that sells the hood pin you are talking about for cheap?

One of my biggest things with this car is because I'm new too it and I actually don't have a long list of websites that sell parts for it, I'm sure there are a ton of websites but yeah I'm just going to Google and searching for aftermarket parts for Acura Integra.

My last and biggest project car I've owned and worked on for 5 years and I have a laundry list of websites for parts for it. The Integra isn't a project car right now, it's my every day car, I just want to upgrade it a little.

Last edited:

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
sonic electronix.
ebay, is your best friend for small parts like that. radio shack, or local car audio store as well

vtecteggy617

bro i have 2 12" kicker l5's in ported boxes with a 1000 watt amp and im always lowering my music because its over powering. 5 subs? thats crazy!!! at least get a bass controller which is what i have on the side of my seat so i can just lower or turn off the base whenever i need it off.

as for security im ordering a quick release soon as well but i always got a alarm with a tilt sensor as well as shock sensor. not to mention a few kill switches lol might be much but the areas i hang out and live near, you could go piss and come outside with your car gone