2nd gen car pics and comments

Greenbling

^ Damn... that hatch is rusting bad.
lol ... yeah I know... I have a replacement that i am slowly working on.
I cant decide if i am going to keep it the stock color or if i am going to repaint the whole car a custom color.
I dont currently have the money to paint the whole car.
So, I don't want to spend the money to have the paint color matched, and paint the hatch. Only to have to repaint it a couple months later. For now I choose to just live with it til then.

Funny that picture if from a while ago, its much worse now... My A emblem has fallen off. lol

Greenbling

I think you should "Keep it Aztec".
fixed!

Thanks for your opinion.
I do like the fact that it is a rare color.
I washed it reaaaallly reallly well the other day (in prep for a wax) and was admiring the color of it. I don't know... I really like the color of my first car. And I am going to have to repaint the entire car regardless...
we'll see...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You will have to paint the engine bay too.

DarkDB1

Yea, You should keep it aztec green. One of my friends went and had his Aztec DB2 re-painted awhile ago and the color with fresh paint was sick. I hope you found another DB2 hatch. There is a slight difference between the 2 that people want to go for. The DB2 hatch doesnt have a 3rd brake light in the window. while the DA does. You can always go carbon fiber :p

Greenbling

Yea, You should keep it aztec green. One of my friends went and had his Aztec DB2 re-painted awhile ago and the color with fresh paint was sick. I hope you found another DB2 hatch. There is a slight difference between the 2 that people want to go for. The DB2 hatch doesnt have a 3rd brake light in the window. while the DA does.
I did get another DB2 hatch. Yeah they dont have the 3rd brake light because the DB2 came with the 3rd brake light in the wing. Therefore the glass is a little different as well. The hatch I bought was originally the same color. But the previous owner filled the the wing holes (something I was considering), shaved the emblems, and painted it flat black... They did a horrible job. But I was going to have to repaint it anyway.

You can always go carbon fiber :p
I was considering that as well..
I got a quote from the local body shop (3 of them actually) for them to "fix the rust on the hatch" and they quoted me at over $1000. In that price they had planned on buying a new hatch. There was no decent shaped used hatches that they could find. They had me quoted for over $500 for a new hatch... A carbon fiber hatch is cheaper then that... but still not cheap. I did some hunting around and found a clean used DB2 hatch for less then 100. The carbon fiber just doesnt work for me. And no way could i afford that right now.

Last edited: