89 D16A1 swap to B18B1

enoch723

What kind of cars were these "other projects" that you speak of?

The way I see it, the most HP a G1 ever came with was 118hp, that's to the crank. Let's be generous and say that to the wheels it makes 90hp. You want a 55% power increase out of a Honda engine for under 2K....

Do you still leave cookies and milk out at Christmas?
This pretty much sums it up.

Unless you or a really good friend can MAKE the parts your talking about getting for the head, then it wont happen. This engine doesnt have any aftermarket pieces what so ever. Dont get me wrong.. if you can get cams, valves, springs, and convert it from obd0 to obd1 then yeah you could do it.
But whats the point?

xdreem

This pretty much sums it up.

Unless you or a really good friend can MAKE the parts your talking about getting for the head, then it wont happen. This engine doesnt have any aftermarket pieces what so ever. Dont get me wrong.. if you can get cams, valves, springs, and convert it from obd0 to obd1 then yeah you could do it.
But whats the point?
i do know a friend that does my machine work. there is no real point of doing this but to say i did. just to have that lil bit of extra work of custom goes a long ways of appreciation and knowing that only a few to none have it.

awright3331

G1 TEG
I just say go for your goal. If your really wanting to do that hp goal your going to have to dp more than direct swap of cams, convert from obd0 to obd1, Get the head ported and polished, your gonna want to fully rebuild that motor and have it sleeved, your gonna want a cold air intake as it will allow the engine to breathe better with that head ported and polished, do a good 3inch exhaust system all the way back. Use a magnaflow cat and muffler as these are the best for better breathing, make sure to seal the exhaust to where there is no leaks or anything make sure to use the proper gaskets. Your not gonna get close to your goal for under 2k but if you do these you can reach or exceed it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

xdreem

I just say go for your goal. If your really wanting to do that hp goal your going to have to dp more than direct swap of cams, convert from obd0 to obd1, Get the head ported and polished, your gonna want to fully rebuild that motor and have it sleeved, your gonna want a cold air intake as it will allow the engine to breathe better with that head ported and polished, do a good 3inch exhaust system all the way back. Use a magnaflow cat and muffler as these are the best for better breathing, make sure to seal the exhaust to where there is no leaks or anything make sure to use the proper gaskets. Your not gonna get close to your goal for under 2k but if you do these you can reach or exceed it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD
in one of my posts i talk about al that. some time next month or so im taking the car to get dyno'ed as a base line, and go from there. i dont understand y ppl keep saying that it wont be done for under 2K lol im already past 2K. when al my prices were rounded up or under it came out to be 1740 something. with out the cams. and to just add to the better breathing, might as well up the gas pump and fuel injectors. (have not yet looked to see what injectors fit) plus with the motor al apart should replace al the bearings and hone the cyl /resurfaced the block and replace the rods pistons and rings. making this rebuild well over 4K.

enoch723

i do know a friend that does my machine work. there is no real point of doing this but to say i did. just to have that lil bit of extra work of custom goes a long ways of appreciation and knowing that only a few to none have it.
^I would go for it then. If he/she can get it done then It makes it a lot easier and a lot more worth it.. But I still dont see that much of an increase happening. The dynos should show though. You should get a dyno run of stock then do a dyno run with just a cold air intake..

xdreem

^I would go for it then. If he/she can get it done then It makes it a lot easier and a lot more worth it.. But I still dont see that much of an increase happening. The dynos should show though. You should get a dyno run of stock then do a dyno run with just a cold air intake..
When I get the car on dyno I'll post where I'm starting at. By next month or so look for a new post with the numbers. And a month or 2 after that I should have something new to add. I'm really looking forward to getting this started.