90 Integra Head Build

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So I know these threads show up here all the time, and I apologize for that, but I need some opinions!

Finally have the money to spend on a build. Finally. I want to throw a C1 head on my B18 block and do the following :

-Cams
-Cam Gears
-Valves
-Valve Springs
-Retainers
-Port / Polish head
-VTEC conversion (obviously)

Now I need some opinions on brands. I will ultimately be boosting the car. Trying to go for a weekend warrior because I just bought a DD. Gas mileage, drivability, etc are not an issue for me with this particular car. Also, if anyone wants to throw in any ideas for the turbo part of the deal, go ahead.

Thanks in advance guys.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Is the bottom end built? If not, I'd keep the head stock for now and build the bottom end.
What do you suggest? I've done a lot of research on building my head, but never really thought or looked into building the block. If I keep the money coming, I was planning on buying a brand new (bare) long block from honda...

What do you suggest? I've done a lot of research on building my head, but never really thought or looked into building the block. If I keep the money coming, I was planning on buying a brand new (bare) long block from honda...
Easiest way and a cost effective one is to just buy a good condition GSR bottom end since you already have the head.
If you have the cash and time, up the compression of the bottom end with some ITR pistons, put 9mm ARP rod bolts on the P72 rods, then fresh bearings, seals, and gaskets. After that throw on the head with good components and you'll be golden.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Easiest way and a cost effective one is to just buy a good condition GSR bottom end since you already have the head.
If you have the cash and time, up the compression of the bottom end with some ITR pistons, put 9mm ARP rod bolts on the P72 rods, then fresh bearings, seals, and gaskets. After that throw on the head with good components and you'll be golden.
I do a LOT of my own work on my car, but never done anything internal. I've done everything else. Do you think this is something I would be better off bringing to my local performance shop? I live in the Chi burbs and One6motorsports is about 10 min away from where I live. I have been going there religiously for everything and they know me and my car fairly well.

I do a LOT of my own work on my car, but never done anything internal. I've done everything else. Do you think this is something I would be better off bringing to my local performance shop? I live in the Chi burbs and One6motorsports is about 10 min away from where I live. I have been going there religiously for everything and they know me and my car fairly well.
That or a machine shop.

natt2000

fr some reason the link didnt show up. you could get this for some serious power :suprise:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280577216587&viewitem=
what are your power/boost goals?

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah thats way over priced for a used engine. You can build a nicer bottom end for less through laskeyracing.com anyways

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Not happening my man. You'll have under 200whp before boost. The reason being is youll be building your motor differently for boost then you would for NA

That's what I was thinking lol.

Power goals... Hm...

I'd like to be at around 220hp before the turbo. :twisted:
I really don't see that happening. You're going to need to be high comp Vtec to get 220whp out of a b series and if you build the bottom end low comp for boost, you aren't gonna hit that number without the turbo.
If you want 220whp before boost I suggest H22.