90 Integra Head Build

natt2000

ya. h22's are solid. but you need like a 600$ conversion kit/mounts, and some other stuff to change to an h22a, but definately worth it. they make 220 stock. only thing id worry about, would be fitting a turbo in front of the motor. may have to do some modification to make room for the turbo. even though they make a ton of power, the swap would cost ~1000 im assuming after axles, tranny, and conversion kit. not including the motor charge. another thing is if your looking to road race, im not sure if this is the best option. the h22a is pitched back, and heavy, putting alot of weight in front of the front axle. i also hear the h22 doesnt like boost. here is some more info on an h22 swap
http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/h22a-91-integra-33294/
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f74/h22a-91-integra-86480/

Last edited:

purp_db7

h22s are for ppl with insecuritys lol keep it b series. its always better h series are bad ass motors though but leave them for accords

h22s are for ppl with insecuritys lol keep it b series. its always better h series are bad ass motors though but leave them for accords
I was against H series in Integras until I saw my buddy Levi's boosted H22 DA. Riding in solidified my new opinion that the H series can be right at home in an Integra.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The only bad part of an H series is their transmissions. Well that and the FRM sleeves but those can be replaced lol

ya. h22's are solid. but you need like a 600$ conversion kit/mounts, and some other stuff to change to an h22a, but definately worth it. they make 220 stock. only thing id worry about, would be fitting a turbo in front of the motor. may have to do some modification to make room for the turbo. even though they make a ton of power, the swap would cost ~1000 im assuming after axles, tranny, and conversion kit. not including the motor charge. another thing is if your looking to road race, im not sure if this is the best option. the h22a is pitched back, and heavy, putting alot of weight in front of the front axle. i also hear the h22 doesnt like boost. here is some more info on an h22 swap
http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/h22a-91-integra-33294/
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f74/h22a-91-integra-86480/
The H22s position makes it great for a strait line car. More weight over the axles helps with traction.

I don't know who told you that the h22 doesn't like boost but that bullshit.

natt2000

The H22s position makes it great for a strait line car. More weight over the axles helps with traction.

I don't know who told you that the h22 doesn't like boost but that bullshit.
i was talking about cornering traction. if hes going for road racing id use a B series but if its for drag id go H. If its used for road racing itll cause extra unwated bodyroll when turning.

purp_db7

idk i like a car to be overall a good car that looks nice and u could still keep up with str4s on a short curcuit. how i didnt end up in a eg hatch ill never know lol.go poormans type are thats what im trying to get into next i want a supercharger on mine....

i was talking about cornering traction. if hes going for road racing id use a B series but if its for drag id go H. If its used for road racing itll cause extra unwated bodyroll when turning.
I know what you were saying about the motor and weight. I was simply offering another piece of info for the OP as he never stated what he was planning for the car.

hidenplanvew

That b18 block on the last page is a waste and that guys been trying to sell it for a year or so... I can have a freash sleeved block for 800, eagle rods 300 and Aries pistons w/rings 500 and 200 for a full gasket kit from honda. I wouldnt do an ls vtec I would get a gsr blcok and put your ls crank in it. Its a true poormans b18c1 stroker kit. You just have to block off the oil jets in the gsr block and use ls rods.

H22... There are tons of up sides with a few downsides... The h22 head flows really well and dosent really need to be ported. the only down side is the valve seals have to be replaced alot. FRM sucks and makes it hard to run boost and you cant run forged pistons in an h22 you have to get it sleeved. Once sleeved, the h22 is a Beast!!! Since it flows so much air you can use a much larger turbo, H22's do not do good with T3's they love T4 turbos. In my prelude my h22 is at home in the engine bay, but in civics and Da's it will make the car very front end heavy.

So I would stay with the B and build it... With a built block and a good turbo you could easy hit 500whp if you wanted to...

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I learned something new today!!! A quick search on yahoo has confirmed that forged pistons and frm sleeves is a bad combo, I wonder why as pistons dont really make contact with the sleeves hence P2W clearance, odd.

I learned something new today!!! A quick search on yahoo has confirmed that forged pistons and frm sleeves is a bad combo, I wonder why as pistons dont really make contact with the sleeves hence P2W clearance, odd.
Well, I can't say as to why either. I do know, however, that my buddy who runs the boosted H22 in his DA had the sleeves changed so he could run forged internals. He explained why it doesn't work to me once, but I drank that particular piece of information into the abyss...lol

natt2000

Well, I can't say as to why either. I do know, however, that my buddy who runs the boosted H22 in his DA had the sleeves changed so he could run forged internals. He explained why it doesn't work to me once, but I drank that particular piece of information into the abyss...lol
It's because of the FRM sleeves. anyone planning on making decent power in an h22a need to get it sleeved with iron sleeves.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2196081

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah were aware that its the FRM sleeves, what were wondering is what the problem is. Pistons shouldnt touch cylinder wall, so im confused as to why a forged piston would be an issue compared to an oem one