94' Frost White GSR #6300

EricM

94' Frost White GSR #6300 - Updated Page 2

Well, I guess I will make an official intro thread...

Picked this up back in October. I've owned a couple civics and finally found myself in an integra, which was fortunate. For over 100k+ miles, this car was owned by an old guy and then sold to a mechanic in Kansas City, where I got it off him. So it has been meticulously maintained, mechanically, for most of its life. I am currently running an Auto-RX treatment to help clean out the motor. The car was dyno'd earlier this year at 146WHP and 115WTQ...
The car has never been wrecked, it still has the original bumpers and hood.

Unfortunately when I bought it, it was plagued with the dreaded quarter panel rust and in the front part of the wheel arch. That's when I brought it to my friend Kyle's shop, http://kirkkustoms.com/ He worked on the car for about 3 weeks, cutting out the rust and re-working the seam sealer, this way no moisture will ever get back in. All the dents were removed and over half the car was re-sprayed and then wet-sanded (I can't afford a full respray lol).

The car is almost completely stock. All of the motor mounts have energy suspension polyurethane inserts. I also made a DIY icebox out of 4" thin-walled PVC and a couple of elbows. Deleted the rear wiper. Currently making a trunk brace similar to the ITR's. I also painted the valve cover with VHT wrinkle red since the original paint was chipping.

As of now, it is a summer/spring daily driver. I plan to eventually make it a weekend/track only car.

Near future mods:
Progress Series 2 Coilovers 350/500
All new HardRace Bushings
Progress 22mm Rear Sway-bar
A new set of 205/50/15 Yokohama S.Drives
EBC Red Stuff Pads, new rotors, and Goodridge SS brake lines

I have to get a new clutch master cylinder this weekend (mine started leaking earlier this week :evil:) and I'm also going to be re-undercoating the rear wheel wells.

I plan to eventually get some bolt-ons and a tune and but I'd rather waste my money on suspension for now than buy parts which induce obnoxious buzzing out the exhaust...

Quick video from last week with the nice weather: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EE5lgrM_CE

Onto some pictures, the car was just washed in most of them, so mind the droplets lol:

Rust:

Repaired:

Thanks for looking!

-Eric

Last edited:

goofygamer

That is one clean paint job man. Good job on fixing the rust!

EricM

Thanks guys, forgot to post a bay shot. I need to clean the bay more thoroughly but I've been sort of lazy lately...

DIY Icebox

Painted VC

1sloDC2

Lookin good man. Now I need to find a stock airbox for the diy icebox mod

EricM

Yeah it is well worth it! It only cost me around $30 for everything. According to the butt dyno, there were some small gains in the midrange. It also sounds pretty good! The video I posted gives you an idea of what it sounds like in-car

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Very clean! I have a 95 that I just got thats white and has minor rust spots around it. How much did it run you to get the rust out and give a fresh coat? Im shopping around this weekend to get the work done.