94 Integra Gs Project

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
HMO has transmissions.

I would go with a GSR trans, its perfect between acceleration and fuel economy and keeping revs low. ITR is a really good one, they rev higher though. B16s are garbage if you do anything other than drive on the street or occasional canyon runs. the diff is weak.

Noneed2Hate

Are you just going to essentially swap the parts over from the salvage into the GS? Also I think the GSR tranny is worth it.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

Yeah, just going to 5 speed swap it and then save the salvage for parts.
you might need to get new mounts for the auto-manual conversion too. I got mine from Innovative for about $200 for the whole set. You might be able to modify the mounts already in the vehicle, but that comes at a risk since you would be taking them out of their standard specs.

I'm trying to think if there's is anything else you'll need aside from what's in both vehicles

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
you might need to get new mounts for the auto-manual conversion too. I got mine from Innovative for about $200 for the whole set. I'm trying to think if there's is anything else you'll need aside from what's in both vehicles
I found one for $150. Or I could weld the old one in its place? Seen that done on a few diy's

baseballfan84

How do you have this much luck finding all these cars? I'm lucky to find one integra in a junkyard thats 300 miles away :(

94RS

No fucks given.
In the (almost) 4 years I've owned mine, I've only found one Integra in a junkyard...

North Florida must be completely different than the Bay Area.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
In the (almost) 4 years I've owned mine, I've only found one Integra in a junkyard...

North Florida must be completely different than the Bay Area.
I checked all the big yards from Panama city to mobile and they are stripped down to shells. I go driving around and look for cars sitting in driveways to buy and I also check small salvage yards.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So just a quick update. I'm planning on picking up the parts car tomorrow for the 5 speed swap. Trying to figure out whether to cut and weld the trans mount or buy the adapter. Also the car I have is odb1 and the parts car is odb2a so i still need a odb1 ecu so I don't throw a cel. Might try this to convert my ecu to manual.

Noneed2Hate

yeah, my idle is at 2k on a cold start up, but it settles once I get going. The CEL is going to go off because it's trying to detect the automatic transmission that's no longer there :p

R13

The other asshole
I would go with a GSR trans, its perfect between acceleration and fuel economy and keeping revs low.
Depends on the area, If he lives somewhere with a lot of traffic lights where you're constantly stopping and accelerating to 55mph like where I live it's incredibly annoying as short as 1st gear is.

Also if you do a lot of 75mph driving you have to put up with running about 4k rpms constantly.

My friends LS is geared a whole lot better for the area we live in.