96 integra b20b swap issues. Help PLZ

slickdevil08

Ok so heres what im dealing with. just swaped a fully rebuilt jdm b20b into my integra. used the same b18b1 ecu and it shifts fine and everything starts up great and seems fine at first however as soon as i get it out of the garage. i can literally hold down the gas pedal and the rpms go nowhere until a few 5 seconds later they start to allow some throttle but its super hard to get moving. i checked for cels and got these:
3 Map Sensor
10 Intake Air Temperature
7 Throttle Angle
54 Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor

i saw that the map sensor and throttle angle lights came on and i replaced the throttle body with my old b18b1 throttle body which had no issues. however when tryed it again it was the same result and same codes.
i also believe that its okay to have the 54 since the jdm motors dont have that sensor and it should change anything to mess with performance.

please help me find this issue.

thanks all!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
ECU stores the codes until it is reset. So they might be left over but you might want to try checking the voltage on the TPS. With a Multimeter probe the red wire from the TPS. It should be at 0.5 volts closed and 4.5 WOT. Also check your timing to see if its good. Finally for the Crank Sensor bypass it.

heres the obd2a CFK bypass
http://ff-squad.com/wp/?p=309

Update: Make sure you dont have the TPS and MAF plugs mixed up.

Last edited:

slickdevil08

hmm we just adjusted the timing to see if that helps any gunna reset the ecu. also im like on E pretty bad could that be the reason as well?

slickdevil08

Ok so the car was able to drive however it's like really jerky and is still throwing all those codes minus The tps and map now so I'm confused . the guy that built the motor said to ask and see if it could be because if the mechanical timing is off by one tooth could that be the problem?

slickdevil08

Ok after work I'm going to check timing and see if it's off and if it is I'm going to adjust it back and see if this changes anything will keep you updated