97 LS have Keyless Entry?

Afireinside

Bump
Does ANYBODY know if the '97s had keyless entry from the factory? I have power door locks.
I'm considering selling because I want something that has keyless entry, but I don't want to sell if it Does have it, or there's a cheap system i can put in it that does not involve shaved door handles. Being female, it's mainly a safety thing for me (I live in a city), and although I live in a good area, I occasionally am in bad areas, or areas I do not know.
So yeah. Does anybody happen to know?
Thanks
This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard! You prolly should just sell the car @ this point and buy somethin with keyless entry. 97 I doubt it!!

Tman

I see on e-bay Acura remote clickers all the time - how can you tell if the car has the reciever or what ever to use a "clicker"?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Why does it matter if you have keyless entry or not?

I know 92-95 EX civics came with a remote to lock/unlock. For real though. You got all the advice on how to secure your car..what else do you need?
it doesnt sound like he wants to make his car more secure, it just sounds like he wants a fob

my buddy has a 96 with a fob so unless the poeple at honda got retarded and didnt make them for a year, a 97 should be able to have one, UNLESS it was an option and the person you got the car from didnt want it

Tman

Exactly - just need to know if the doors will unlock with a fob - I read something about a black box mounted to the steering column, but it wasn't clear how this is supposed to work? -Local Acura dealer is happy to sell me a fob - but no help on how to program, check to see if the car is optioned with it, etc.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
selling the car because it does not have keyless entry would be very dumb. some dealerships are retarded, i brought my car to a honda dealership to get a key made and they said they couldnt do it because they dont have acura key chip codes. i have a 97 ls and i know theres no chip in the key and they said they couldnt do anything with it cause its not a honda. if you go there and tell them what you need done, they might be able to do it