98 dc...ftw!!!!

SoundEfx

I don't think that 15's or 16's would limit your tire selection that much because I haven't had much issues finding various size tires in that size.

It's the 18's and up with small ratios that kills me.

dlo253

6ul is a decent option for wheels. I would only put them on for track days though. There are so many options for wheels in those specs.
As for that post in the tow hook thread, why not get a strap? Then it can be tucked behind the bumper when not in use. That's been my plan, but it is pretty low on my list.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
6ul is a decent option for wheels. I would only put them on for track days though. There are so many options for wheels in those specs.
As for that post in the tow hook thread, why not get a strap? Then it can be tucked behind the bumper when not in use. That's been my plan, but it is pretty low on my list.
x2 on the tow strap. I love mine, and I know it ain't coming off.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^^Thanks for the pic. Can you explain how you mounted it, or have a closer pic on where its mounted?

funny you mentioned the strap. I was looking into straps before I saw the posts :eek:k:

So, as I am looking in the engine bay for some kind of sign for my coolant leak, I saw this under my intake manifold and it sits next to the oil filter on the passenger side. Anyone know what this is and is it supposed to look grimy like it does? It was hard to get a good angle and being in a dark spot. Had to use a flash light to brighten up the photo with a flash. What a PITA doing it by myself

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
^^^^Thanks for the pic. Can you explain how you mounted it, or have a closer pic on where its mounted?
I don't have a picture, but I might can get one.
It's really easy to install. For mine, I had a 13/16" wrench and a 13/16" socket on an air wrench. There's a hole in the frame that I mounted it in. I took the bumper off, put the bolt through the frame, put the strap on the bolt, put the nut on the bolt, then put the wrench on the top end of the bolt while I tightened it down with the air wrench (I had the air wrench on the bottom bolt). The whole process took me maybe 45 minutes. I've had the front bumper off a few times, so it wasn't too difficult for me.
I've had one of my friends try to pull the strap off of the car before and it didn't work. He's 6'2", 330 lbs. and can do 290 lb. leg presses with one leg. He's a tank. He could not get the strap off.

dlo253

That is just emissions shit, I'd leave that alone lol.
If you want to get a tow strap do that, I can help you install it if you want. Hit me up one of these days man. I'm a little late in the season but I want to get out a couple more times before this weather goes down hill.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I took my car in to get the AC discharged for environmental reasons ;)
Now I can start to remove the AC shyt to reduce weight. What part # is the belt that just goes from the alternator to the crank? Basically, a car that doesn't have AC, is the belt I need. I should've asked the mechanic, but forgot

OK Ted's Owner, where did you get the strap from?? I went to my local import stores and all I saw was hooks and they don't know where to find straps

Last edited:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
oh please, I didn't use AC when I had it.

Summer is almost over and snowboarding season is around the corner :mrgreen:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
What would happen if I removed the drive belt that runs the AC? I noticed that there is a small pulley just above the crank pulley and not sure if that's important

Basically, there is the AC pulley, small pulley just behind the AC pulley and above the crank pulley and then the crank pulley

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Small pully behaind the ac is the belt tensioner for the ac belt. The ac, alternator, and power steering all have their own belts that run them. The other belt there is your timing belt which powers the cams and water pump, and goes to it's own tensioner too. You take the ac belt off/out your ac won't work. Thats all that will happen.

To take that belt off, remove the ps pump (just push it to the side, don't have to undo any hoses) and there's a ten mm bolt right behind ac pump that tightens/loosens the tensioner. Loosen it till you can slip the belt off the pump. Can't remember if the ac belt is behind or in front of the other belts in the crank. You might have to take one, or both the other belts off. Txt me if you get stuck, or bring it up here one of these days and I can help you. Shouldn't take long at all.

Last edited:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
sweet. its just the PS belt and then the AC belt behind it

I have to ask some people at the autocross if that's allowed in the SCCA rule book. Locals usually don't mind but SCCA is strict to the rule book.