9k rpm in a b20b?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Ok so a local tuner had a customer go to his shop with a boosted stock b20b with a .82 ar turbo. First of all the turbo is way too big and the dude wanted to know "why his turbo didn't work." the tuner says it spools at 4k rpm and hits full boost by 4.5k and makes power all the way thru 9k on a stock b20b? No vtec head. Completely stock. I called bullshit on that and a few of his customers told me how they regularly run nos and rev to 9k on their stock b20b's. What the.... I'm staying far away from that shop.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I revved my bone stock B20 to 8k rpm's all day long on 13lbs of boost...motor is still running in another car nearly 5 years later now. Would I rev one to 9k? Probablly not lol, the rod bolts are the weak point, but if it blows up you can pick another one up cheap

Kyle

I revved my bone stock B20 to 8k rpm's all day long on 13lbs of boost...motor is still running in another car nearly 5 years later now. Would I rev one to 9k? Probablly not lol, the rod bolts are the weak point, but if it blows up you can pick another one up cheap
This.

Maybe it's just how the motor is built, but I have seen dyno charts of all motor non-VTEC B18s and B20s and they began to drop off in power at around 8k. So it begs the question why push your engine to 9k if you aren't making any power? Your just making a bunch of noise and are killing your engine. Nerk is right, if you blow it up, go buy another block. They are super cheap lol.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Where is this shop located? Im from sd and i wanna stay away from this place!
It's called Dardan Tuning. Not sure of the location but he has ties with a few of the dudes from Pann Auto. I saw one of his dyno sheets so I added the dude on Facebook to ask about it. He claimed 211whp on a b16 with skunk2 tuner 2 cams and a ported and polished head. Stock bottom end and bolt ons. Numbers seemed high to me. He runs some of the cars on the 905 and at race legal I guess

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You both should go to RACELINE in temple city. Dont complain about the distance, i came from nor cal to tune here. Its that good.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I call bulls*** on the n/a 200hp b16, there is like 3 known to exist, the first one was done by Omniman. I would steer clear of that shop for sure

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Grant it I have a vtec head, but I have a stock b20 block and I rev to just about 9k..just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone 4S