Advice for a 16 year old

whitedc4

if the only reason you would want a gsr is for the super cool vtec i'd get an LS and use the extra money to buy a gsr head port and polish it equivalent to a type r head or just buy a type r head do your internals how you like buy the vtec kit and bam ls-v

if the only reason you would want a gsr is for the super cool vtec i'd get an LS and use the extra money to buy a gsr head port and polish it equivalent to a type r head or just buy a type r head do your internals how you like buy the vtec kit and bam ls-v
The problem with that theory is that he will most likely pay more to buy the LS and then put the LSV together than he would on buying a GSR. Then agian, if he can get the LS for cheap enough it's not a horrible idea. It all comes down to what he can find within his budget.

stormnorman

hey man unless you dont want to wait, stick with getting an ls. gs-r's in that price range you're looking at are shit unless you want to save up for a nice one. believe me man ive been searching pretty hard too. i was on my third car and ive seen gs-r's in that price range. not worth it. in the end i went with a DA though. i could of saved up but thats what i did. but its up to you man, you said you want a clean virgin car, then go with the ls, or if you want power get a gsr but know that there might be problems with it if you get it at that low of a price. i just think you should save since you dont have youre license yet. that'll be worth it. i agree with you as well 94+ integra 4 doors look sick.

hey man unless you dont want to wait, stick with getting an ls. gs-r's in that price range you're looking at are shit unless you want to save up for a nice one. believe me man ive been searching pretty hard too. i was on my third car and ive seen gs-r's in that price range. not worth it. in the end i went with a DA though. i could of saved up but thats what i did. but its up to you man, you said you want a clean virgin car, then go with the ls, or if you want power get a gsr but know that there might be problems with it if you get it at that low of a price. i just think you should save since you dont have youre license yet. that'll be worth it. i agree with you as well 94+ integra 4 doors look sick.
This is a very good point. You don't have to rush. Look around for a while and find the best car you can in your price range.

Matt Parsons

At 16, you should be worrying more about college/trade school/career than how powerful your car is. The LS stock is plenty fun to drive (even my automatic! :p), and they're fairly reliable and get great gas mileage. I would personally advise getting an LS and putting th extra money in savings or putting it to your future.

Sorry for the boring reply :lol:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
if you really want power for cheap, get a mazda mx3 or ford probe, then get the KLZE v6 engine + trans and drop it in. with just that, you will run at 220hp all day. thats 50hp over a gsr and you could probably get the whole thing done for about $4000, especially if you get an mx3, i saw one for sale, running, for $350. the jdm ecu will let you go 120mph (its limited to 195kph), if you want to go faster, get the usdm ecu, it has no electronic governor and you could probably hit 150mph

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Or you can boost the ls for les than 2k and make up to 300...
But i agree, save and wait

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
getting a gsr
would pay off
so much more
in the future
because....
it's just mad jdm tyte yo!

and damn. when i was 16 years old, i was still working towards my FIRST and currently owned car. geez. i suppose money doesn't grow on my trees like your family.
hell naw
i got my first teg for 500$
hahaha
i guess i was lucky
i loved it to death
but had to sell it to save the house
but im back now
and looking for another teggy

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
thanks for the advice guys
yea im still saving but i definetly want another 3rd gen integra.im for sure im going to get one
i just love them. hahaha im hooked on them. and im leaning more towards an ls because its in my price range and i think it should do the job for now, i can worry about power later, i want a nice clean daily tht wont break down on me,and with the leftover money i can get what i wanted i guess
open to more opinions. thanks for the replies guys i really appreciate it

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
yea ive been lookin at them
but i dnt really like the hatchback on them
looks weird
hahaha
thanks
im considering it
do u own one??
i have one, its that best thing i ever did, owned a 2 door i hated it, no room in the back at all, and the trunk if too small, i always got compliants from females too, lol had a cpillar bar(think about it)

xSpRiNkLeZ

i have one, its that best thing i ever did, owned a 2 door i hated it, no room in the back at all, and the trunk if too small, i always got compliants from females too, lol had a cpillar bar(think about it)
hahahah. my first time was in the back of my first integra! 2 door :thumbs up

bcartwright88

k20 metro... ftw..

my advice to a 16 year old, dont be a douche bag revving at every mustang or civic and dont drive recklessly.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
k20 metro... ftw..

my advice to a 16 year old, dont be a douche bag revving at every mustang or civic and dont drive recklessly.
he has a point, its actually funnier when you don't that and let them look stupid when they rev and drive like dicks, i get my kicks from people like that