All About Cylinder Head Porting

Mikeb353

The head looks nice Mike.
Thanks, Yeah the guy who i bought it from didn't really know what he was doing I'm surprised there wasn't any cracks in the head. Will see how the progress comes out

Wow. This is freakin sweet. I think you should make your own "progress thread."
I was thinking about it but I'll just post my progress her so has i go along people can see it.

BUTTTTTTTTTTT look at what i got in the mail again today. :p

Skunk2 Valves & Pro Series Springs

And since it was rainy today and i had time to spare before heading out to work. I cruised down to Manchester Honda picked up my gaskets so i can get started.

Mikeb353

nice
you got hella shit
Thanks, should be getting skunk2 retainers and Bronze valve guides.
Just started porting out the head couple days ago ill take some pictures tomorrow if i have time.
Hows your head coming along Spody?

Spody02

Name: Cody
well, i just got it off and i'm pretty sure i got some valve damaged
so i'm thinking of getting brain crower valves, springs, retainers
then take it to a shop have them port and polish then put the parts in
i'm too scared to do it myself

Mikeb353

well, i just got it off and i'm pretty sure i got some valve damaged
so i'm thinking of getting brain crower valves, springs, retainers
then take it to a shop have them port and polish then put the parts in
i'm too scared to do it myself
Brian Crower is a good company my friend just got Cams from them and OMG :suprise: His car took off but will see how it goes though. What head is this being worked on? I posted in your thread by the way haha

I can see my DB8 in the background!
Yes it is.... :banana:

Mikeb353

Keeping things update Head if fully done with the port and polish i think i did really well for my first Port and Polish. I will still be practicing some more on my other head non-vtec. Head is at the machine Shop: (information listed below)

AutoMachine
55 Newberry Road
East Windsor,Ct
860-627-9244

Installing new valve guides Also bought Supertech valve guide seals.
5 Angel valve job and they are shaving the head off a little bit. I will have pictures once i get the head back. Worked on the port and polis all day during mothers day cleaned it up a little bit at school.

Well other then that look at what i GOT on the mail today :)...

All thats left to complete the head is:

Throtlle body
Intake
Skunk2 Cams
Retainers

Last edited:

Mikeb353

Don't you just love when new parts come in?!
You kidding me, Hell yeah... I didnt even know my intake was suppose to come today. I was sleeping and my brother woke me up, and i hate it when people wake me up so i got pissed so i stood up really quick and saw this bright ass yellow box i was like :D oh its here... haha yeah i just need to get a couple more things and ill be good to go.

Mikeb353

Thought i would post an update

Well i got the port and polish all set did a 5 angel valve job and decked the head out a little bit. Also Installed Skunk2 Dual Spings, Skunk2 Retainers, Skunk2 Valves.... Here it is

Here is a shot of my Port Work (for the first time porting my head i think i did a decent job)

Skunk2 Springs/Retainers

I just received these Couple days ago
Skunk2 Pro Series Cams

DAMN IM ALL SKUNK'D Out :D

Spody02

haha
i'm FINIALLY taking my head to the shop tomorrow
just order my whole bottom end
when you going to put yours back on!?
dyno?
tune?
whats next!?

Mikeb353

haha
i'm FINIALLY taking my head to the shop tomorrow
just order my whole bottom end
when you going to put yours back on!?
dyno?
tune?
whats next!?
Ha what are you getting done to the head...
I Hope i will have the head done by next month. Working at Dicks Sporting Goods doesnt pay that great and then school yeah been taking me a while. Like i said should be done by next month or so All i need is Throttle Body Fuel Rail Injectors Vtec Kit Intake harness computer and im good to go

Spody02

i'm getting my supertech springs, retainers, valves, and valves seals put in, then a p/p, 3 angle, resurfaces

but i'm with you on the take forever and being a poor
i work at sports store too
super gay

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Looks like you did a decent job on the porting. :thumbup: Did you gasket match it? Also did you open up the exhaust side more than the intake side? Anyway, get something good to tune those cams with, they aren't the easiest to tune but they make great power.

Mikeb353

Looks like you did a decent job on the porting. :thumbup: Did you gasket match it? Also did you open up the exhaust side more than the intake side? Anyway, get something good to tune those cams with, they aren't the easiest to tune but they make great power.
Yeah I deff did gasket match and did the exhaust side a little more then the intake. Yeah i know what you mean. They do make good power though i was thinking of getting an OB1 Ecu send out to phereable.net and let them do there magic then get it tuned at bishops motorsports 15min down my street. Im hoping of pushing at least 180hp i would be happy with 200 but the bottom end is stock and its going a ls bottom end

i'm getting my supertech springs, retainers, valves, and valves seals put in, then a p/p, 3 angle, resurfaces

but i'm with you on the take forever and being a poor
i work at sports store too
super gay
Haha thats weird I didnt know you worked at a sports store...
How much they paying you?