And her name was Boost

MrGurley

************5-0
i have an RS lol stock 140 HP, maybe close to 300 would be good lol high 200's

and its very sad my mustang only has 57 more HP than that
lol yea thats a decent goal. and if your mustang only has 350 hp your going to need to step your game up to box in florida......

The_Anima7or

The Rook
lol no no my mustang only has 197 HP stock. with the GT muffler, throttle body spacer, and negro-rigged intake, i probably make 200 now.. its a damn shame because now the 2010+ V6's are 3.8L (i think) and make way over 210HP. they skipped like a motherfuker on my generation stang

MrGurley

************5-0
lol no no my mustang only has 197 HP stock. with the GT muffler, throttle body spacer, and negro-rigged intake, i probably make 200 now.. its a damn shame because now the 2010+ V6's are 3.8L (i think) and make way over 210HP. they skipped like a motherfuker on my generation stang
lol fail the 2010 v6 stangs make 300hp..... make the stang your dd and your teg your weekend warrior lol

Prozon

Kris
No you don't need to upgrade the internals unless you're planning on making over 300hp.
You shouldn't push 300 on a stock motor, reliability will go down.

There is no sense upgrading the fuel rail unless you're trying to make serious power- in which case you should be building the whole motor.

Don't buy a chip off eBay- I hear of them failing 99% of the time.
Find a reputable tuning shop in your area and have them chip your stock ECU and tune your car from there.

I think 400hp is a lot to go to if you have never driven anything with that much. Hell, 250-300hp is a lot if you've never driven that much. 400hp wouldn't be very "daily driver" friendly. Look into "torque steer." Not to mention the reduced gas mileage with that much power, along with the higher octane gas you need to run.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
No you don't need to upgrade the internals unless you're planning on making over 300hp.
You shouldn't push 300 on a stock motor, reliability will go down.

There is no sense upgrading the fuel rail unless you're trying to make serious power- in which case you should be building the whole motor.

Don't buy a chip off eBay- I hear of them failing 99% of the time.
Find a reputable tuning shop in your area and have them chip your stock ECU and tune your car from there.

I think 400hp is a lot to go to if you have never driven anything with that much. Hell, 250-300hp is a lot if you've never driven that much. 400hp wouldn't be very "daily driver" friendly. Look into "torque steer." Not to mention the reduced gas mileage with that much power, along with the higher octane gas you need to run.
all this is true except if you do a rebuild on a fresh motor, 350 hp would be fine. 250hp on the same motor will last longer but it depends on whether or not you want 200k or 300k out of your motor.

as far as chips go: if you havent chipped an ECU or know some who has who can help you, dont do it your self. Dont buy a chip from ebay. period. if you just want a chip and no piggy back, youre not looking at much tuning. just enough to run really. you really should think piggy back like greddy emanage or hondata s200 (which I have for sale at a good price) or s300. You wont need a standalone like AEM EMS on a stock motor.

third, 400hp in a daily driven FWD car is too much in my opinion. Its not like your mustang where you can peel out and keep decent conrtol of your car. You have to remember that your power adn your steering are in the same place on a FWD car. so when you peel out or put your foot in it, your loosing traction where your going to need it to steer. and 400hp in a mustang is different than 400hp in a honda. your looking at almost half the weight. Its not a direct ratio, but 200hp in a honda is somewhat like 350hp in a stang (once again RWD and FWD cars feel different and its not as clear cut as that but just something to consider)

The_Anima7or

The Rook
you know, im just searching around on the net for this stuff, if i come across something, i put it on here to get feedback. this is my first time ever boosting Anything at all. i didnt know what number to put for HP, ill just forget boosting it and just keep it N/A i guess since everything i come across for boosting seems to be worthless and shitty, im trying my best here. no im not bitching, or whining about it, im just talking. all this shit about tuning ECUs is going *woosh* over my head, there is NO TUNER SHOP around where i live, i was pointed to a website that do custom ECU tuning or something around those lines, and you can buy the hondata s300 chip from them and they can put it on for you, ill just supercharge it since that seems less complicated, or maybe its the same pain in the ass, i have no idea, what do i know im just a dumbass when it comes to imports, maybe ill just scrap the integra and just dump all the funds i have into the stang.

sorry, just my ranting going on, disregard that. thats whats going on in my mind about this car. it is not towards anybody on here, so please dont take it that way, or do, its up to you. wont hurt my feelings either way.. i really do thank everybody for helping out, or trying to. ANYWAY, is there something else i should know?

no fuel rail, that would be stupid, close to 300HP is stupid, the AEM EMS i found is stupid, my engine is stupid.. hmmm what does everybody recommend i get then? 10,000 dollar turbo? i can get that. go to japan and get a brand new type R vtec motor, i probably could do that.

look everybody, i know all that bs i put there is stupid and kiddy like, it just seems every idea i have put on here is shot down and if i come across something i put it on here for everybody to look at, but no! its shitty, or it fails, how the hell was i supposed to know that, this is the first time working on boosting applications, and getting this in depth with this car. just ignore me, having a really bad day..

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
were just giving you options to sort through. you can do a build for less than 3k if you buy quality used parts and know what your doing. Hondata will give you a basemap on you s300 which is something to get your motor running but you should use that to drive to a tuner pretty much lol you can get e tunes (ill link you) where you give a tuner your specs (all this is through email) and he builds a basemap, then you datalog (have to have a s200 or s300 or other piggyback/standalone for that) and send him the info and it goes back and forth till your car is tuned the right way.

superchargering a 2nd gen teg has been done but you have to cut your firewall and IDK if they make a supercharger for a LS b18... never seen one and Ive looked

The_Anima7or

The Rook
btw, i added new pictures to my build page, nothing special, just put my C/F thing on my gauge cluster.. if anybody wants to see it