Any body got a Daily Driver Turbo?

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
on another note gas prices are crazy. driving around a boosted car as your daily
I think the mpg in a turbo integra wouldnt be as bad as my all stock 4 speed automatic RX8... ~12mpg

And you had to get premium gas or you'd fuck up your engine.. i still like rotary engines though

redrocket

My Integra is a DD Turbo B18A1, I would not change anything. I will caution you and anyone looking to build a DD Turbo Integra, it is not cheap, and you have to do it right!.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
My Integra is a DD Turbo B18A1, I would not change anything. I will caution you and anyone looking to build a DD Turbo Integra, it is not cheap, and you have to do it right!.
Hmm... interesting.... So what do you mean when you say DD ... do you run it all year round?... to the grocery store? during the winter time?... (idk where you are, but its snows hard where i am during winter)

redrocket

Hmm... interesting.... So what do you mean when you say DD ... do you run it all year round?... to the grocery store? during the winter time?... (idk where you are, but its snows hard where i am during winter)

I live in AZ!! Yes, I drive my car everyday. I actually use it for work to haul equipment because it holds my equipment perfectly and it gets better gas mileage then my other cars that have room. I routinely drive between Las Vegas and Arizona (6 Hours).

last summer Arizona hit 124 degrees and averages 112 degrees. So I had to spare no expense in building this car. I have a full size Mishimoto Radiator, and dual fans, A/C, PS. and CC. So far I have put 10,000 miles on the car and no problem. We will see what happens when it gets real hot, it's only been about 100 so far.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Roughly $13,000.00 for just the motor. Keep in mind I had to do a Vtec conversion which cost a lot.
Got Dayumn!!!!! well you just blew way past my budget limit... but it is good to hear of a good running DD Turbo!... Do you have any pics of your setup?

redrocket

damn. way too much. what numbers you running. You could've put a K in that thing and build it up for the same cost
My car will eat most K series for breakfast :lol: with out breaking a sweat. The car made 373HP and 300TQ on 12Lbs of boost! The motor should be fine up to 800HP

Last edited:

rexpepper123

wow this was very helpful! ive been wondering the same things and have been contemplating the exacrt question thanks for the help :)

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
How much hp does that push out? 400 hp? I know a guy with a 600 hp Eagle Talon. The turbo on it made me shit my pants