Attempted theft experience.. best location for siren?

ben h

Banned
have a separate battery for ur alarm that is hidden verry good so they cant get at it with out atleast having to unbolt shit and dont have the power wire running in a completely hidden spot

00tegls

i live across from a police station and my drive way is caught on their camera, right where i park. Every night the cops stand out front and smoke ciggs and bs so no theft would be dumb enough to eff eith my car lol . best alarm system in the world

ChrisTypeR408

Thank you everybody for their advice.
Wow, what part of San Jose did this happen in? I'm a bit worried, now. Oh, I wished I had a garage.
It happened on the East Side.

i have 2 sirens sitting behind the front fenders and in front of the wheels.

So it is possible to wire two of them at the same time and have them both be loud? I was told that it wouldnt have enough power flowing through them if i ran both. Because I have 2 sirens that I could install.

And how would i go about installing a back up battery? How would that work? thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

David.95LS

Delwarian
That's what I was going to do, but using one of those retarded loud commercial fire alarms.
ha man i do fire safety inspections and here that all day, with the right wattage, anything more then an hour can cause ear damage. lol but your best bet would be a electric bell for sprinkler systems, there about twice as loud lmao

Kinta94

i live across from a police station and my drive way is caught on their camera, right where i park. Every night the cops stand out front and smoke ciggs and bs so no theft would be dumb enough to eff eith my car lol . best alarm system in the world
Thats awesome/ sucks cause if you do anything bad you get caught right away.

mjones73

And how would i go about installing a back up battery? How would that work? thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
It goes inline with the alarm power feed. Check out the cause for alarm site, it gives some good tips for hiding the alarm and battery, basically installing the brain, battery and a peizo siren back behind the rear plastic panel to make it hard to find and disable.

Last edited:

dieonne97

Wow I need to get my quick release system fast. Your experience scares me but also allows me to breath in relief to know your layers of security actually kept a thief from taking your teg though things were broken and taken you still have the actual car. I've been procrastinating on getting a quick release system with lock but have yet to do so after reading this I think I'll go ahead and get one within these next few days and That's a good idea about the rear door handle thing I've never thought or heard of doing that before now.

phatintegra

Banned
haha. I got mine in multi location in and out with Cooper Wheellock 110cd strobe/Horn. I been in the field for over 9 years. The problem is you have to have the right current to power these up. I'm switching those out for Exceeders lower current.

The only left for me to do is GPS tracking. I'm golden. It's also always garage kept.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
ha man i do fire safety inspections and here that all day, with the right wattage, anything more then an hour can cause ear damage. lol but your best bet would be a electric bell for sprinkler systems, there about twice as loud lmao
Part numbers for Bell
Cooper Wheellock
MB-G6 - 6" motor bell
MB-G10 - 10" motor bell

there loud same way as you hook up a strobe/horn (NAC Ckts).

On a side note
Stay away from the speakers you will need an amplifier to drive them like a INX or EL-410 it get's more complicated trying to figure out how it will work for a 12Volt system.

poordc2

yea man...my bro dc4 got stolen the other day and it was all stock....and the quick release lock does help man....my buddies ej1 got broken into three times and they couldn't take the car because he had is quick release lock on and it would take forever and be hella hard to try to breaking into one of this locks.....just have a cam recording your car at night so that if it happends again then you can atlease figure out who tried to steal it...