Audio Problem! Bass keeps cutting out!

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Hey guys, the last couple days i have noticed that my base keeps cutting out. In the trunk there the factory 10 inch bose sub. When the base does go out if i turn off the unit and turn it back on the base comes back but for only a little bit

any suggestions?

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
I dont know about RSXs but in my moms Expedition her factory woofer cut off completely once it blew out. Im assuming as a decision made by the manufacturer. Perhaps your is on its way out?

*2 cents*

patrick4588

Integra God
the door speakers dont cut out? do you know if your factory amp is on the sub only or powers the doors as well? most times when things cut out like that, its a problem with the amp, not the sub. some cars get a signal from the headunit AND one from the amp for the door speakers, so if the amp goes out, you may still get sound, just quiter and without some mid bass.s

speedin

The Transporter
the door speakers dont cut out? do you know if your factory amp is on the sub only or powers the doors as well? most times when things cut out like that, its a problem with the amp, not the sub. some cars get a signal from the headunit AND one from the amp for the door speakers, so if the amp goes out, you may still get sound, just quiter and without some mid bass.s
Could be an amp issue. Maybe a faulty safety. As in the thermal protection circuit is screwed.

Poor remote wire source?

speedin

The Transporter
Used to happen to me, amp kept overheating! lol
Happens alot. Mostly with lower quality amps. CLASS D FTMFW!

Mounting can also make the overheating worse. Some people think an amp in a wheel well covered by plexi-glass with a few hot neon's for good measure is a good thing for an amp. :roll:

RD408

It was a Hifonics! But I do push it alot...100 watts to 2 12s FTL!

speedin

The Transporter
Last edited:

RD408

This amps older than me..my dad used to use it when he got his first car. lol
Still bumps hella loud! OG shit FTW it pushes my 2 12' boston acoustics

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
too much power... amp turns its self off to protect it from overloading?

:what:

JL Audio FTW!!!