Auto to stick conversion

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
No need to swap engine really. But you will still need to swap in clutch lines, master cylinder, shifter and pedal assembly.....etc.

Messiah62

but then i the tranny would already be mounted onto the engine properly and i would have a new engine and obd2

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The manual has more support, but OBD1 is the better tuning option. I would just swap tranny's personally

Messiah62

OK so i might be getting a 97 beat up body integra with a good engine and tranny for 500$. A shop nearby said that they would take the 97motor and tranny and its coilovers and put them on my car for the old motor and the shell of the integra, i can take out what ever i want in it and also an additional 200$... Do you guys think that is a good deal?

The 97 has a hydro tranny conversion... what does that mean?

Mikeb353

Honda-Tech.com has a good article on this, I will fin it tomorrow and post it up have to wake up 5:30 for school tomorrow DAMN BARAN INSTITUTE

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
There is alot of little crap.

Tranny, shift linkage rod assembly, Manual tranny center console, Shifter and knob, Manual ECU, Pedal assembly, Clutch slave and master cylinders, Clutch fluid container, Clutch hard lines and hoses, Flywheel and bolts, Clutch set with alignment tool and throw out bearing, Manual intermediate shaft, Top, Front and Rear tranny mount bracket for a manual, a Starter for manual trans. and a bunch of other random bolts and nuts to put it all together
i was getting ready to swap my auto integra to a 5 speed 2 years ago before i got paralyzed and couldn't use my legs anymore...thank god i didn't swap it before my accident!! lol

i think that's all the parts you need. except i never found out if you had to have an intermediate shaft and halfshafts from a 5spd though. the tricky part with the whole swap is the wiring. one way is to wire the gear selector on the automatic to have the ecu "think" it's in park so the motor free-rev's. i've heard that you can take apart the automatic ecu and unsolder the P, R, N, D4, D3, 2, 1 chips from the circuitboard and that basically turns it into a 5spd ecu...but that's a tad bit risky.

another thing about the auto>manual swp is the top trans mount. you can't just simply put a mount from a 5spd in there, you have to buy a Hasport conversion mount too.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i was getting ready to swap my auto integra to a 5 speed 2 years ago before i got paralyzed and couldn't use my legs anymore...thank god i didn't swap it before my accident!! lol
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. I wouldn't know what I would do.

You > Me

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. I wouldn't know what I would do.

You > Me
ah, shit happens... ya know? i've been crippled since january of '06 so i'm kinda used to it...the tricky part is trying to find new way of doing things...

nautica_t

do the 5spd swap.

easiest way is to go to a junker, and get the clutch hardlines, those are the most important parts, unless you want to buy that new, get that, and while you're at it get the brake pedal and clutch pedal.
you'll want to buy a brand new slave and master, just get an aftermarket one, but this way you're on the safe side.
i say do it up 5spd swap!!

89turbocoltsl

When you get the brake pedal and clutch pedal. Are the bolt holes already there for it or do you have to make them?:???:

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
you do NOT have to cut/make any holes or add any bolts. the automatic chassis and manual chassis are the same. they just use a block off plate to block the holes where the clutch master cylinder goes.