Auto to stick conversion

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
5sp swap, I did one for my turbo LS. Spent about 200 on a tranny, got the rest of the parts from pic n pull for not even 200 and the ecu for like 50 bucks. Just have to look in the right places.

Messiah62

how hard is it. my dad and friends would help me who are all amazing car people but not so much honda masters

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
how hard is it. my dad and friends would help me who are all amazing car people but not so much honda masters
Like anything else man, it's just nuts and bolts. I made sure I had everything I needed before I started and as always with any project I lay everything out on a table and make sure I have every bolt i'm going to need and know where everything is going to go before I start taking things apart. It just makes things that much easier and if you do it that way I think it took maybe 15hours. We did it in a weekend, but if you have some mecanically inclined people helping you and the right tools it's not that hard.

Messiah62

did you pull the entire engine out? What would you say was probally the hardest part? Did you have to drill through the firewall or anything?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
hardest part was running the new clutch lines and setting up the new master clyinder. I'm pretty sure we had to drill a hole for the new clutch pedal assembly. I just used a new clutch assembly and left the original brake and throttle pedals in. That was kinda sucks tho cause I had this huge auto brake pedal that would get in the way of the clutch all the time.:lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Maybe, tranny swap is the easy part. Its just pull the old tranny and axles and replace the new one with the new axles. I'm not sure if that mounts are the same or if you will need to get manual tranny mounts.

Messiah62

what if i took a entire engine swap out. likea b18b1 (1997) that is a manual and threw it in to my 94