auto tranny dipstick?

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
it doesnt have one does it? arent you supposed to just stick your finger in the hole?
there is no dip stick.. there is a bolt on the side of the transmission, It is supposed to be level with the bottom of the threads. make sure your car is level when checking your tranny fluid. You dont want to have it on an incline when checking, because you will get an inaccurate reading. Hope this helps 8)

Pic:

heykosal

Angkorian
exactly, do not forget to REPLACE, not reinstall, the crush washer.

btw how are you supposed to tell if the oil is dirty if you cant see it? splash some out?

EDIT: ohhh i know, do it with clean hands! lol

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker

btw how are you supposed to tell if the oil is dirty if you cant see it? splash some out?

EDIT: ohhh i know, do it with clean hands! lol
I would either stick a flashlight and shine it in the hole, or what I did... (not sure if its the best way) ; I opened the drain plug a little bit to let some of the tranny fluid fall out into a container and then tightened the plug back up. Then I compared that to some new oil. My tranny fluid was good still, but I just replaced it anyway. I really don't think there is actually an easy way to do it though. I had a hell of a time filling the transmission up after I installed my new engine. Its in such a stupid spot. You would think Honda/Acura would make a filler tube of some sort to fill it up. But then again, you really shouldn't have to change your tranny fluid or add any unless something goes bad, or you swap your engine or change your clutch.. Even then though, unless you tip the tranny over, the fluid shouldn't come out. I used a transmission pump though, so it made it a little easier for me.

heykosal

Angkorian
there is a special pump tool you can use to fill it. saw it on Trucks! dont feel like searching for it right now.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes. Crush washers are meant to be crushed.....once. Replace it or there is a good chance it will leak.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
well mine was underneathe the intake tubing near the charcol canister. its yellow. i needed to remove the intake to get to it. it was a bitch.

DarkDB1

Its the yellow handle on the left (facing the front of the car) by the battery... Automatic G2's do have dipsticks. dipshits :p