auto tranny dipstick?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I figured they did, seeing how cars dating back to the 60s did. Was just going to post a pic of the manual.

Murphy

Meat Master
I'm having problems finding the dipstick on my 99 as well. A picture or directions would be very helpful. Also how many quarts does the transmission take and what brand and type of fluid should i use?

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm having problems finding the dipstick on my 99 as well. A picture or directions would be very helpful. Also how many quarts does the transmission take and what brand and type of fluid should i use?
If I remember right (it's been a while since I popped the hood), look under the intake pipe area, should be a yellow handle.

Oem Honda ATF is recommended, but I think Ganyon uses Royal Purple in his car.

Murphy

Meat Master
Yeah Honda has replaced it's original ATF-Z1 with a new ATF-DW1. So I'm still researching if I can use all-purpose fully synthetic ATF, Honda Z1, or Honda DW1. Also I still need to know how many quarts it takes.

I'll remove the intake and check for the dipstick again thanks for the help.

Murphy

Meat Master
For you guys with automatics I finally found out a few things. First don't use Honda's new ATF-DW1, the fluid is not compatible with the Integra transmission. Castrol ATF Import is used by some Honda/Acura dealers for a Honda ATF-Z1 alternative. Finally, I believe the Integra transmission takes 4 quarts of ATF.