B1 in Da9, rpm and running problems. NEED HELP.

GonzoDA9

I got everything I thought I needed for my car to run and for me to drive after getting a power steer pump this past Friday, but today I was messing with it and drove it down my street for a few hundred yards and when my car got to a certain rev (don't know how many exactly I would estimate about 4 to 5k maybe) and it would basically sound like it was 2stepping in mid gear, on top of that, the car sounds like a lawn mower on steroids, but I thought it was just the exhaust or throttle positioning. I'm trying to just make it sound and run like it is supposed to but I have no idea where I'm going wrong, I thought it could be the little port that has a hose coming from intake manifold back towards the fuel injectors, if you know what I mean, the part that returns the fuel. But it is sounding way too beefy for a 4cyl. Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated.

Prozon

Kris
If it's overly loud you could have an exhaust leak. A couple other possibly options are that you have the spark plug wires on incorrectly. You could still run it but you would have a misfire and it would backfire throughout the RPM range. Another option is that your mechanical timing is off. (Meaning the timing belt is on the cam gears/crank gear incorrectly.)

All options you should look into, starting with of course the spark plug wires.

GonzoDA9

If it's overly loud you could have an exhaust leak. A couple other possibly options are that you have the spark plug wires on incorrectly. You could still run it but you would have a misfire and it would backfire throughout the RPM range. Another option is that your mechanical timing is off. (Meaning the timing belt is on the cam gears/crank gear incorrectly.)

All options you should look into, starting with of course the spark plug wires.
Checked the wires, fire order 1-3-4-2, seems Okay, timing seems Okay, cams are level, I was told it could be my intake manifold, and throttle body, they do look a little dirty, the intake manifold gasket looks hella old and chips off by the touch, I am most likely gonna pull the motor back out and do what I should have done and add the sensor that the a1 had on the back of the block, and take off intake manifold, clean it, I need to seal the tranny for it is leaking, and for some reason it's leaking oil island where it seems to be coming from the head so maybe the head gasket or valve cover gasket, the car bogs and idles terribly and died on me like 3 times when I decided to move it to my back yard. I feel like I'm going to have to start all over again, which doesn't bother me because with everything I have to do and redo my harness correctly, or I could try to figure out the problem and go from there, I am just really confused as to why the motor is acting the way it is, I'm almost positive I need to add those sensor from the a1 and swap them over to my b1 block.