b18a n/a rebuild

b1 is just the 3rd gen integra ls/gs motor code name and a1 is 2nd gen ls/gs code name for it motor. but they are about the same, just different in power and torque. You can pull around 200hp with just rebuild high compression sir. that the best way to go if you wanna keep it stock.
Maybe at the crank, but her won't break that at the wheels unless he does one hell of a build.

ok so if i get this 96-99 integra turbo kit from greddy for a b18b1, will it work and fit in my car?
It might require a little modification, but the major components should work. I am guessing that you will have a shop do the install, so talk to some one at a reputable shop about your goals and what you want for the car.

codeman_11901

i want to do the install. and i would like to do enough research on tuning to do that myself as well. the only reason is because i want to know how my car works and operates. not to mention i wanna know how to do the work on it. i dont want to be that one kid everyone sees somewhere with a fast car and no idea how it got that way, just dishes out the money.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
putting on a turbo by yourself for the first time is asking for trouble. you should have a reputable shop do the turbo as well as the tuning. there are too many variables which could cause disaster for your motor.

codeman_11901

from what i can tell online, tuning will be at most 300. but i have found nothing on how much a turbo install would be. and i read alot that a turbo kit is relatively easy to install in your garage. i would have my buddy helping me as well and he has proven to be a mechanic beyond anything i have ever seen. im only looking to run about 13lbs of boost. and tuning on crome from a proven basemap from the same engine with close to the same mods usually works until getting it professionally tuned. i just need to get it up and running as soon as possible after the rebuild.

hondaproof

hondaproof
300 hp can be had if you go vtec.its more then just a matter of bolting on the new head,but you can get there.

codeman_11901

well, i am staying non-vtec. but i have a for sure plan set up for my motor now. its getting sleeved, new internals including pistons, rods, crank, bearings, valves, springs and retainers, porting job, new brian crower stage 2 forced induction cams. haha then after i get all that up and running i will boost it running 13lbs for driving and have the ability to crank it up to like 22lbs when i need to without granading the engine.

dc2darkness

if you plan on putting all that hp in your car your gonna want to think about upgrading your clutch and driveshafts. as far as internals like crank, cams, valves, retainers, springs, pistons, rods, rings, bearings, etc... Brian Crower makes all that for b18a and b18b which is non v-tec and has a stroker kit that prolly will be up your alley. there one of the only companies I can think of that makes a kit for non v-tec.

codeman_11901

zoom stage 3 clutch and fidanza 9.5lb flywheel are already in it. as for shafts, i found some online but those will be after i get the motor and turbo running. it should be a pretty solid car after im done with it. its gunna take a few years but it will get there.

and my entire head will be brian crower parts. cp pistons(unless there is a better piston for boost), eagle crank, darton sleeves, eagle H-beam rods. arp studs and acl bearings. if u know of anything better throw it out here.