B18A1 Questions about going turbo.

Prozon

Kris
Believe what you want- but 200k on my DD's motor and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. If it did, I'd rebuild it. Well maintained motors shouldn't burn oil. If they do- well then it's just time to fix them, now isn't it?

drkstoner

I agree about the oil loss my 91 LS was and still is in rough shape(bought her as a project but she became my daily) but i only lose a few ounces of oil between oil changes and thats from a need to replace my oil cap i do get smoke from my exhaust but thats currently due to an exhaust leak where my 4-2 header meets my 2-1 Y down pipe but that needs a new gasket and its causing my engine to run rich

Oh and the bolt ons do make a differnce one of the kids at the college has a stock 92 LS that was just recently rebuilt and just stoplight to stoplight i leave him a half a block behind with just an intake, 4-2-1 header and and a catback with a 4"exhuast and my timing advanced 3-5°

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

drkstoner

it increases the compression giving a bit more power but I don't think mine is advanced enough to cause that big of a change I was just finishing replacing my head gasket when my old daily drivers Transmission cooling house melt 2 states away so I had to button up the Teg to go rescue the GF didn't get a chance to finish my plans before it suddenly became my daily driver,