b18a1 work or just swap?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
You can bore stock sleeves in your motor out to 82mm. No further than that. B20 bore is 84mm. You could resleeve the B18 to 84mm (with benson sleeves or whichever brand), but yhats 500 for the sleeves plus machine shop cost.

Better off just buying a b20 block.
Oh I didn't know the block couldn't take it. And I doubt I can find a b20 block around here. So I'll stick with standard bore and just put aftermarket pistons in. Whats a good combo of connecting rods, crankshaft, and pistons aftermarket? Or should I stick with OEM?

2ndgen_teg4life

Born usdm raised jdm.
Oh I didn't know the block couldn't take it. And I doubt I can find a b20 block around here. So I'll stick with standard bore and just put aftermarket pistons in. Whats a good combo of connecting rods, crankshaft, and pistons aftermarket? Or should I stick with OEM?
what are u trying to do with your motor???? thats what u gotta ask yourself

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
what are u trying to do with your motor???? thats what u gotta ask yourself
I stated that in the beginning. I want a good amount of hp while staying N/A.

My friend who drives a civic is in the process of buying an lsvtec engine, tranny, and ecu that he wants to swap into his car. I was going to sell him my rims but were working out a trade where I give him my rims and tires and some cash and I get the engine :) There's a few good junkyards around here that I know will have some b16 trannys so I've got that covered.

All I need to know now is whether I should stick with OEM internals and just do aftermarket TB, intake mani, and injectors or go for aftermaket internals too. I'm going to rebuild the engine no matter what and I'm doing ARP studs and rods.

Just need your opinion on internals

Anthonyda9

Wassup guys, I'm new to this forum.. I've had my da9 for awhile now an it's time for some mods.. You think I should do an ls vtec conversion?.. Or boost it? I want most outta my dollar and NOT waste my time or money.. If I went with a boosted na, I was gonna get greddy header and exhaust, skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body, and weapon r intake.. Just to start it off.. Is the weapon r I take even any good?? Tell me what u think thnx

Wassup guys, I'm new to this forum.. I've had my da9 for awhile now an it's time for some mods.. You think I should do an ls vtec conversion?.. Or boost it? I want most outta my dollar and NOT waste my time or money.. If I went with a boosted na, I was gonna get greddy header and exhaust, skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body, and weapon r intake.. Just to start it off.. Is the weapon r I take even any good?? Tell me what u think thnx
I think you should start your own thread and not jack others'.

hondaguy99

Want to swap, need advice

I have a 95 special edition integra with good motor and transmission. Just recently picked up a 93 ls special integra with motor/transmission problems. Want to sway engine and transmission over to the 93.

93 drove 50miles home from seller, but bogged heavily, burned about a quart of oil and 5th gear seems like your putting it in 2nd. Auction car, go figure. Body on 95 beat, but awesome on 93.

Any help on sway? Fairly easy, or not? thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have a 95 special edition integra with good motor and transmission. Just recently picked up a 93 ls special integra with motor/transmission problems. Want to sway engine and transmission over to the 93.

93 drove 50miles home from seller, but bogged heavily, burned about a quart of oil and 5th gear seems like your putting it in 2nd. Auction car, go figure. Body on 95 beat, but awesome on 93.

please create a new thread for your situation

nathan_carmona

Gold Member

:shock: thread jack in progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAnewb

99 EM1's got a good ass tranny............i have one right now, and looking to get a 91 tig....... the tranny on the em1 is good for track use too ......... has pretty tight gears ........ third gear pulls hard.......

emd513

what douche bags. op if your already going to rebuild the motor might as well go all out. get eagle rods there lighter and stronger. have your stock cranked turned mic. and balance, and if you really want to get it right have it knifed. run arps like you said up grade to a better oil pump and pick up high pressure and gaskets to match, and you never want to pull a motor apart and put stock size pistons and rings back in it especially if it has miles on it. have it bored enough to get rid of any imperfections in the walls, and replace the parts accordingly to that. do a lsvtec if you like but make sure your doing it for your self not cause everyone else tells you to. remember you are the one that will be driving this car not us. also dont go to big with the throttle body and match it with what ever intake you are going to use to get the most unless some one can show proof that putting two diff. brand will gain more for your setup. good luck, hope this helps some

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
what douche bags. op if your already going to rebuild the motor might as well go all out. get eagle rods there lighter and stronger. have your stock cranked turned mic. and balance, and if you really want to get it right have it knifed. run arps like you said up grade to a better oil pump and pick up high pressure and gaskets to match, and you never want to pull a motor apart and put stock size pistons and rings back in it especially if it has miles on it. have it bored enough to get rid of any imperfections in the walls, and replace the parts accordingly to that. do a lsvtec if you like but make sure your doing it for your self not cause everyone else tells you to. remember you are the one that will be driving this car not us. also dont go to big with the throttle body and match it with what ever intake you are going to use to get the most unless some one can show proof that putting two diff. brand will gain more for your setup. good luck, hope this helps some
That helps a ton!!!!! thanks! couple of questions, first: "have it knifed" what does knifed mean???????

second: "do a lsvtec if you like but make sure your doing it for your self not cause everyone else tells you to. remember you are the one that will be driving this car not us" I'm doing it for myself but the way you said it made me feel like you think a gsr motor is better. I have no bias so IDK which one to do

third: how much should I bore it out? and should I go with high compression pistons or no? I'm not doing a turbo but should I do them anyway????

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
99 EM1's got a good ass tranny............i have one right now, and looking to get a 91 tig....... the tranny on the em1 is good for track use too ......... has pretty tight gears ........ third gear pulls hard.......
What's an em1? Civic? and did you mean 91 teg or did you really mean "tig"? If so what does tig mean?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I am in the same process as you. Purchased a C1 head recently. Waiting on some cash to have it ported and polished. After that all the valvetrain is going in. Hopefully Eagle rods and (don't know what kind) pistons. Probably will bore it out accordingly. Pretty simple process, just have to have the right parts :D

Did you go with the Golden Eagle cable to hydro conversion?