B18a1 ??

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
doesnt really matter but its easier to tune an obd1 ecu. (what I mean by that is that youd have to convert your obd0 ecu to obd1 essentially).

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
hondata is a piggy back which means it plugs into your ecu (once socketed and chipped). Your best bet is going to be getting a obd1 ecu (ANY obd1 honda ecu will work) a obd0 to obd1 ecu conversion harness, a obd1 distributor (non vtec for a non vtec motor and vtec for a vtec motor), and a obd0 to obd1 distributor conversion harness (or you can make your own. I did a write up with pictures on how to do that). And then you'll need to socket and chip your ecu. Hondata s100 works pretty well as long as your not going boost (it still works but for a turbo build you'll want an s300). Crome is also decent.

RunninJDM

hondata is a piggy back which means it plugs into your ecu (once socketed and chipped). Your best bet is going to be getting a obd1 ecu (ANY obd1 honda ecu will work) a obd0 to obd1 ecu conversion harness, a obd1 distributor (non vtec for a non vtec motor and vtec for a vtec motor), and a obd0 to obd1 distributor conversion harness (or you can make your own. I did a write up with pictures on how to do that). And then you'll need to socket and chip your ecu. Hondata s100 works pretty well as long as your not going boost (it still works but for a turbo build you'll want an s300). Crome is also decent.
Ok so when im all done doing what you listed around how much would it cost?

dAb2JV

could you give me the link to your write up you mentioned, im looking to do this in the near future