B18C1 Loud Strange Noise.. Need a Valve Adjustment?

mygsr's

So I have a very similar situation with my teg. Right around 1200-1400 rpm, my dash vibrates and there is a small noise in my engine but as the rpm's raise it disapears instantly. My timing belt is tight, but I don't know anything else about timing or how to figure out exactly where its coming from. Also I just put in new hasport motor mounts in all the way around and some are saying its the mounts. Any ideas. Ps not trying to thread jack but you've atleast got knowledgeable people on this thread that could help.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
your mounts will cause more vibration, that is probably your answer, if people have told you its your mounts then its probably your mounts

bvans

DC5-ED9
from what i was told you need to check the clearance on them 1st and if there still what there supposed to you can just replace them with stock bearings and if not youll need oversized bearings..... i took my block to a machine shop for that part they checked it for free but i hadda buy the parts from them, they were real helpfull tho. not sure if you live nearby there in riverside

I live in carlsbad, it'll probably cost more to tow it there and back than to just swap the engine haha
after i get this timing belt problem situation i'm gonna go into the crank bearings.. are there 8 or 4?
I know theres 4 I can get to pretty easily, not sure if theres two on each
oversized bearings, what would that do for me? just be heavy duty?

also, when i used to cold start the engine the revs would go to about 1700 then drop as it warmed up. now, after the timing belt stuff i did, it starts at about 1400...

So I have a very similar situation with my teg. Right around 1200-1400 rpm, my dash vibrates and there is a small noise in my engine but as the rpm's raise it disapears instantly. My timing belt is tight, but I don't know anything else about timing or how to figure out exactly where its coming from. Also I just put in new hasport motor mounts in all the way around and some are saying its the mounts. Any ideas. Ps not trying to thread jack but you've atleast got knowledgeable people on this thread that could help.
dont worry about it man, get help when and where you can.. i'd say the motor mounts as well. if the sound just started after you put in the new mounts, probably those are your problem.. this is a classic case of "dont fix whats not broken" :lol:

bvans

DC5-ED9
dang guys i always was told a spun bearing sounds like a tapping...
but say it is the rod bearings, is it safe to just replace them? isnt there damage to other parts as well?.. theres only about 80k miles on this engine =/

r0g3r16

i remember reading some where if you get solid motor mounts the vibration of the motor get transfered to the chassis so i think it would make sense in your problem

I live in carlsbad, it'll probably cost more to tow it there and back than to just swap the engine haha
after i get this timing belt problem situation i'm gonna go into the crank bearings.. are there 8 or 4?
I know theres 4 I can get to pretty easily, not sure if theres two on each
oversized bearings, what would that do for me? just be heavy duty?

also, when i used to cold start the engine the revs would go to about 1700 then drop as it warmed up. now, after the timing belt stuff i did, it starts at about 1400...

dont worry about it man, get help when and where you can.. i'd say the motor mounts as well. if the sound just started after you put in the new mounts, probably those are your problem.. this is a classic case of "dont fix whats not broken" :lol:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1213492

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2014294

heres 2 threads on this.... when you spin a bearing and damage the crankshaft they grind it down a bit so itll be perfectly round again and need thicker bearings....

http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=326

this is also a real good guide on rebuilding it

bvans

DC5-ED9
okay guys i got down to this earlier tonight, then had to stop workin on her..

i'll give you an update once i remove...

bvans

DC5-ED9
got everything removed, played with the rods.. no movement. the bearings are fine.

so now im pretty stumped....

oh and there WAS this in the oil pan, not sure what it is or where its from

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
it almost looks like it was a snap ring or something similar. i have no idea....if it was gouged off of something im sure there would be more debris in your oil

fatlace07

yo, i got question to you? what color is your integra?? is it like dark green or dark grey??. thanks.
gudluck to your project. thanks

bvans

DC5-ED9
i did the tranny fluid a couple hundred miles ago, never leaked or anythin... The car drives perfect, still shifts smooth, clutch feels fine..

nothing else was in the oil pan. just that weird little half a ring

yo, i got question to you? what color is your integra?? is it like dark green or dark grey??. thanks.
gudluck to your project. thanks

its like a grey metallic flake... maaco...