Bad Primary O2 sensor...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
haha wow thats bad.

The MIL only flashes during this condition? Thats going to be either a misfire code or it could be a timing error from either crank or cam sensor. This is entirely different than the orignal diagnosis.

Pull the code again.

96LSteg

Jemel
my teg is only throwing a code 65= secondary o2 and 17=VSS....it just started doing that hesitating out of the blue...

96LSteg

Jemel
Still haven't figured out what the hell is the problem with the teg. Right now she is sitting at least until I can figure it out. I might have to buckle Down and take it to a shop :(

Muckman

Not a M0derator
How are you pulling the error codes?
Can you borrow a distributor from a friend and test it out?

96LSteg

Jemel
So i checked the timing today. I thought maybe it jumped timing but it didn't. Still can't figure it out.

96LSteg

Jemel
Did a compression test. My results were 1 =150 2 =145 3 =150 4 =150. Seems to be in order. As a last ditch effort I changed my plugs because they had some carbon buildup on them and got no change. I can't think of anything else to do and Im starting to get tired of throwing money at it. If anyone else can come up with a solution to this problem your help would be much appreciated.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I know you're sick of my advice but I did more research on this for you. Did your speedo stop working around the time this problem started? A VSS error can cause the ecu to run in safe mode. I would concentrate on the known issues - the secondary O2 and the VSS. You can get the defouler cheap at AZ and fix your VSS. Pull the PGM-FI fuse to clear the ECU and drive it.

96LSteg

Jemel
I drove today with the primary o2 sensor unplugged and no hiccups....so I am assuming that its the primary o2 and I am replacing it today. I don't even have a secondary o2. The PO cut it off when he cut the cat out (which I will be adding back in next week). as for the VSS it just went bad a few days ago after the issue began to occur

96LSteg

Jemel
Problem solved. It was just what i suspected it was. The primary o2. Mine was shot and a brand spanking new one did the trick. Glad to have the teg back on the road.