Best intake?

Esesober

I'm looking to upgrade my car intake, when I bought it it came wit an unnamed intake that looks and sounds all cheap, I plan on installing turbo in a later time but I want to start with the intake for now, I been looking at the Secret Weapon Type-R Neo Titanium Intake and Ram Air Kit to make it into a cold intake, I have no price limit I'm just looking to find the best performance, I already know the performance gain will be hardly anything so no comments about that.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Why pay $200+ for a short ram and $50+ for a glorified dryer vent hose to make it into a CAI if you could just buy an AEM CAI for around $200, or even a V2 for around the same price....?

Esesober

I'm trying to find the best set up, what would u recommend, I was looking at that one cuz it's the one I found wit the most hp gain and torque gain

Amiguel6

If you dont care about gains, get a $40 ebay one.

Esesober

Way to be contradictory. You kinda made your thread irrelevant.
Wat I'm saying is that the performance gain won't be a lot but I still looking the best one I can get, this is just a start up once I upgrade everything else it's gonna make a real difference

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A no name short ram and an aem of the same design will probably produce the same results with the same filter. Same could be said about the cold air. That said.. im an aem whore.

Esesober

A no name short ram and an aem of the same design will probably produce the same results with the same filter. Same could be said about the cold air. That said.. im an aem whore.[/

I want to replace my short ram it seems like it's poorly designed n da filter one it looks all old n like if it's been bent n has a crack where a stream of air comes out, I was checking out aem intakes, will a dual chamber intake have more gain then a cai or will it be the same

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Which one does yours look like?

\___ --Generic short ram intake
\___ --AEM short ram intake
\_ -----Poorly designed intake
\ -------Poorly designed intake
- .........Turbo

Last edited:

Murphy

Meat Master
AEM was founded on making intakes for Honda 4 bangers. I'd get an AEM CAI or find a stock intake, either will be better than that SRI.