BigMac88's Running Log - 1997 Touge/Track GSR

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yesss which we need to go back too soon my friend! I've been spending all my time doing NASCAR and not enough time turning right this season LOL.
No worries man. Hope you can make it to the dyno day or the upcoming track days at CVR.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Well I haven't been on for at least forever and a day, but I decided to start updating this byatch again. Just one of many coming. Got my Autopower Race Roll Bar installed for Club Integra Time Attack 2013 and RTA 2013 season!

Nick_C78

I am jelly of that bar. Thats my next purchase as well after I get my car running solid. Oh and you might want to take it out and sand/repaint it. I hear that paint autopower uses flakes off.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
So a few months back at the first Club Integra/Raceline time attack of the year, my head gasket blew at Buttonwillow Raceway. On top of that, my driver side motor mount bolts (the ones which attach the mount to the motor) decided to back out and strip the holes on the block. Needless to say, the motor had to come out for a rebuild!

We fixed the mount holes with some heli-coils, and did a mild top-end build with some ITR Valvetrain, Edelbrock street/strip cams, and Skunk2 IM. Also installed the new brake setup I got from Matt (JDMxDB8 ) and Raceline USA as well as an Energy Suspension poly bushing kit for the front end and trailing arms! Currently street tuned conservatively on Crome. Will be hitting the dyno soon.

Kinda bummped it showed up with some bent fins -__-

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Pulling the motor, a bit unorthedox...

Motor out through the bottom

My homie Carl hardly workin'

Mmmm new cams...

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Sorry for the cell pics. She's all patched up and sitting pretty!

the new IM. Will be adding an ITR throttle body and cable soon.

I also installed a brand new Gates Racing timing belt (twin ply - literally the same as a Greddy T belt), as well as Gates high flow water pump and new Koyo tensioner. She's running like a champ again. Thanks for looking!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
FYI for anyone in Cali! The Edelbrock 4730 street/strip cams DO pass the smog sniffer, as I just did with them earlier this week (on a stock P72 ecu). They are designed for a factory valvetrain and are slightly more aggressive than CTR cams. I got mine brand new from IPG parts for $319 shipped! If any of you want an easy, smoggable cam upgrade definitely look into these. My butt dyno likes them so far!