Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Once the camaro's gone and I have the garage space I think I'm gonna tear down the z50 and clean it up a bit, At least get it running and rideable again, Gotta weld the right foot peg bracket back on and fix the oil leak.

That's because I've had more Honda's than anything and Honda/Suzuki is Usually all I can afford. :lol:

I've thought about buying an old 636 a few times, To the point I went and looked at a few.

And even though I have no proof of it :smackself: I chose to go ride a Ducati all day over the infamous RC51 I'm always f***ing drooling over...

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Get the Z50 registered and send it down here for the Lifan treatment. I'll pay for shipping, shouldn't be much larger than a suitcase :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I wonder if I can even get the title to register it? It's been in my family as long as I can f***ing remember but no one's ever had the title, Would they give me one? Or am I just f***ed?

That motherf***er is heavy though, I've always been able to pick my mx bikes clean off the ground and set them up in the bed of a truck but that little b**** is dense or awkward or something because it's hard as s*** to lift.

R13

The other asshole
No bill of sale, Someone gave it to my dad, He was the only one who knew the people or where they lived, Aaaaaand he's been dead for 19-20 years. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Look into a Certification of Ownership. From what I was just reading, there's a line on the form that will let you state the reason you can't provide information on the previous owner... Since it's been in your family as long as it has, I don't think there should be any problems on having a new title transferred to your name :what:

Lemme just rewrite what I said before incase someone comes across this :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
It looks like applying for an Abandoned title is what I need to do ...I don't have a f***ing clue. :lol:

First it needs to be functional again, Last time I had it running was about 2 years before I got the XR, It had been sitting for 9 or 10 years before that.

Figure pulling the engine, Freshen it up a bit, Clean it up, New tires, Smaller rear sprocket so it goes faster than 15-20mph. :lol:
Needs a front brake lever and cable, Fix the headlight because why not? New seat and worry about the rest after I've done that much.

Some kind of sweet exhaust would be cool but I think I'll wait until I swap the engine for something bigger, At least a 125, I'm not sure what all could be made to fit without being beyond useless...

94RS

No fucks given.
It looks like applying for an Abandoned title is what I need to do ...I don't have a f***ing clue. :lol:

First it needs to be functional again, Last time I had it running was about 2 years before I got the XR, It had been sitting for 9 or 10 years before that.

Figure pulling the engine, Freshen it up a bit, Clean it up, New tires, Smaller rear sprocket so it goes faster than 15-20mph. :lol:
Needs a front brake lever and cable, Fix the headlight because why not? New seat and worry about the rest after I've done that much.

Some kind of sweet exhaust would be cool but I think I'll wait until I swap the engine for something bigger, At least a 125, I'm not sure what all could be made to fit without being beyond useless...
Go to dratv.com for all the stuff that's needed. They have everything from OEM parts to performance parts. That's where I get all the replacement parts for the C70, and stuff is usually dirt cheap.

You could stuff in up to a 160 Piranha engine (YX160), but they run almost 3x as much as a Lifan. A 125 Lifan with 12V conversion harness will run about 300 from Tboltusa. Any exhaust for a CT70 or Z50 will bolt up to the Lifan.

On another note, my rear brake is complete again. What a pain in the ass :lol:

Also found some cheap degreaser we had sitting around and sprayed the wheels along with an SOS pad. Took most of the small surface rust off the rims and made them nice and sparkly fresh :lol:

https://flic.kr/p/r935nA

Yes, the picture was taken before I put my exhaust back on :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Looks loads better

You have the lifan 125, Right? Just exactly how fast is it? Did it struggle going up Skyway?

94RS

No fucks given.
I cruise in the city at about 50-55. On the Brooksville ride, I was holding 60 on a flat next to a Grom. Downhill, probably 65-70, but it was screaming at that point. Wasn't hitting the limiter, but probably wouldn't do it again unless I changed the gearing.

I'd be scared to put anything bigger on there due to front and rear drum brakes.

Last edited: