Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Well in other news I brought a couple gallons of some old race fuel home (good for cleaning shit) a few days ago, pulled the fiddy's carb and left it sitting in it overnight, probably gonna leave it in there another day or two while I make some space in the garage, need to order a pod filter because I lost the stock filter housing, hopefully that doesn't a cause jetting issues.

Then I need to pull the right hand engine cover off to fix the oil leak, get a spark plug, go to the dealership and get some honda gn4, then see if it starts.

If all goes well there I'll load it up and take it to the shop so I can weld the foot peg back on, then from there I just need to start cleaning it up, fix the headlight wiring, fix the wiring for the switch so you don't have to pull the plug wire to kill it, new seat etc...

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Pretty much. I went to the shop earlier to check on it because I haven't heard s*** since I dropped it off, thought I had to go the 1050 route because he showed me everything that was wrong that he found at that point.

- Intake manifold had 1 bolt holding it (should be 4)
- Head gasket on the front cylinder was blown.
- Both pistons were scored
- Cylinder walls had deep gouges
- Two stripped bolts on one of the heads
- Needed a valve job

But about 30 mins after I leave, they call me and tell me to come back. Turns out the tapping that I was hearing was the oil pump drive gear...

This is a healthy one

The teeth on mine were flat.

So basically, I'm stuck between buying a wrecked '03 Firebolt with around 10k miles, or an engine from an '03 Lightning with 1900 miles. The wrecked bike, I could sell excess parts or have spares. But the engine is a damn near new engine :lol:

TL;DR: I should sell everything that has an engine.

Well in other news I brought a couple gallons of some old race fuel home (good for cleaning s***) a few days ago, pulled the fiddy's carb and left it sitting in it overnight, probably gonna leave it in there another day or two while I make some space in the garage, need to order a pod filter because I lost the stock filter housing, hopefully that doesn't a cause jetting issues.
It will. Pod filter = more flow.

Just buy another one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Z50A-Z50-MINI-TRAIL-AIR-FILTER-HOUSING-K0-K2-OEM-17231-045-670-B-008-/321916547837

If all goes well there I'll load it up and take it to the shop so I can weld the foot peg back on, then from there I just need to start cleaning it up, fix the headlight wiring, fix the wiring for the switch so you don't have to pull the plug wire to kill it, new seat etc...
Look through here.
http://dratv.com/z50minpar.html

They have damn near anything you need for the little bastard, usually pretty cheap :lol:

R13

The other asshole
How bad is the wrecked bike?

Maybe I could take the frame and a few things off your hands if it isn't trashed. :lol:

Also that's just the cover for the filter, a tiny little pod filter probably has barely anymore flow than that cheap ass foam element. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
If only I had $1000 :lol:

Although I'd have to have probably another $1000 for gas to go get it in that 4x4 fucking gas hog :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
There's something wrong with your truck if it would take that much fucking gas... I drive the rapewagon close to 1200mi a week and only spend around 300/wk on gas. Most of the shit I deliver weighs about as much as a Miata :lol:

R13

The other asshole
3.55 gears and a 4wd drivetrain

My mom has the 2wd version of my truck with 3.31 gears and it's a noticeable amount cheaper on gas.

But $1000 to go to FL and back is a bit exaggerated. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
"They run motorists off the road,” Lamorie said. “To make matters worse, crowds gather roadside to watch the dangerous spectacle and illicit racing. The situation has clearly elevated to out of control."
Sounds like some old lady that won't stop nagging...