Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Surprise, haven't made it yet :rolf: Not even gonna bother making excuses. I just haven't gotten off my lazy ass and done it.

R13

The other asshole
My patience is getting thinner every time I look at the broken f4 though.

I actually wanted to go today around 10am when they're the least busy but my ass stayed up all night and I just had a feeling going tired as hell without my head on straight was a shitty idea. :lol:

Perhaps tomorrow or Monday...

R13

The other asshole
Old pic I never posted just because...

Will be ordering levers and the CCT in the next week or two. Also gonna try building the $20-$30 auto parts store vacuum line throttle body sync tool to get rid of the ridiculous idle loping... as much as I love how it sounds. :lol:

OneFastGSR

My rear brake continuously locks up after it gets hot, It needed rear brake pads, So I put new EBC HH brake pads, and took the caliper from my brothers bike since he deleted the rear brake, My caliper was really hard to get the pistons to go in compared to his, Put new brake fluid and bled the brake hopefully it don't lock up anymore but if it does I got a master cylinder rebuild kit, That was first thought but figured i'd try changing caliper pads and fluid

R13

The other asshole
So I put new EBC HH brake pads, and took the caliper from my brothers bike since he deleted the rear brake

Can you do me a favor and go ahead and kill his dumb ass before he's another fucking story I have to hear from some middle aged fuck who's never even ridden before about how dangerous motorcycles are? Thanks.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Can you do me a favor and go ahead and kill his dumb ass before he's another fucking story I have to hear from some middle aged fuck who's never even ridden before about how dangerous motorcycles are? Thanks.

We'll just get Queefer to send you a mangled wheel and/or swingarm from the inevitable wreck....

Seriously, who the fuck deletes a brake caliper? I know the front is supposedly like 70-80% of the stopping power, but why get rid of the other 20-30%? You're not running ZTL setups front and rear, so you're not saving weight :smackself:

R13

The other asshole
If you learn how to regulate the pressure you're putting on it the rear brake can become 35-40%.

One thing you learn from motoX is not to use the front excessively because it can cause lowsides too easily, you use the rear so you can come in hot and brake hard without crashing.

It's a good skill to have as well, any time I get into gravel I swap to using the rear primarily while just lightly assisting with the front because these damn sportbikes have way too strong of fucking front brakes for gravel and other loose shit :lol: