Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
That just looks so fucking weird having the brake disk where the rear sprocket has been on every motorcycle I've ever ridden. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, well...The engine was derived from a Sportster's. Meaning belt drive on the right. The 1125 (belt) and 1190 (chain) are driven on the left since they're Rotax based engines.

94RS

No fucks given.
Only the Sportster engines....

The bikes with the big twins are like any other bike with where the sprocket/disc are mounted :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
If we're talking Super Glides, the FXR is the bike to go for. After it became the Dyna in 91, it became a more "cruiser" type bike.

Erik Buell worked on the FXR's frame and handling while he was still an engineer at Harley, before Buell was even started.

I was kicked out of a group on FB a few months ago for bringing that up.... Some guy said it was the best handling Harley ever, I mentioned that it was because of Erik Buell's involvement, next day I was kicked out. Someone was butthurt :rolf:

Anyway, there's an old interview with Erik where he mentions a story of a Hell's Angel walking up to him and thanking him for making the FXR a rider's bike rather than the typical cruiser :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I'd have to ride them both. I prefer the look of the fxdx's we posted, just has a rugged sort of old muscle bike look, moreso than that fxr

94RS

No fucks given.
Those are still usable.... Here's some completely pointless shit.

I'll let those set in for a bit.

R13

The other asshole
What... what the fuck does the kickstarter do? :rolf:

Did you just say a stretched ktm is still usable? :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
What... what the fuck does the kickstarter do? :rolf:

Did you just say a stretched ktm is still usable? :lol:

The kickstarter is a cover for Sportster engines that are electric start only.... You wire it to the starter and it acts as a second start button. So even when your battery is dead, your "kickstarter" won't do a fucking thing :rolf:

The other thing is a primary cover for the 07+ Big Twins. What's useless about it is that those engines switched to a self-adjusting chain in rather than the belts you see people expose on choppers. So the cover is there for looks only, and the "belt" cast in the cover doesn't move :rolf:

This same company makes rocker covers and side covers that make your Evo engine (the one that Buell engines are based on) look like a shitty old Panhead or Shovelhead.

So yeah, that stretched KTM is more functional than either of those things :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Forgot to mention that kickstart thing isn't a simple bolt on matter either. Because it's so bulky and ridiculous, you have to have a custom exhaust that will clear it :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Here's another one for the category of stupid shit that goes on Harleys....

Notice the 2-1 exhaust? Notice the second pipe on the left side? :rolf:

Companies sell "dummy pipes" to even the look out on the touring bikes... Complete with a fake crossover pipe :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

I've seen those, but it never occurred that the other pipe was completely dead and fake. :lol: