Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
No, go on... What the hell are you talking about a belt brake for? :rolf:

I've got the 6 piston ZTL up front and the 2 piston on the left side in the back.

Only time I mentioned the belt was saying that you need to get rid of your chain driven fucker and get a Buell :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
The belt brakes were a smartass remark in regards to the low maintenance belt drive :lol: Y'know, why isn't there a better alternative to fucking $90 worth of brake pads that generally have a quarter the life span of cheap car pads from vatozone?

Gonna blow half my budget on fucking brake pads... hope the engine doesn't need much :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Good news so far... timing is good. I've found a couple of dry rotted vacuum lines.

Now to check the valve lash :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Aaaaand every one of the valves is like .10 too tight...

Tempted to leave the fucker that way :lol: I'm gonna try asking around some forums and see what's up. Never heard of valve lash getting tighter over time...

If it won't get tighter I'm just gonna leave it, the cam lobes look flawless so it's not doing any damage as of the moment.

R13

The other asshole
Gotta shim the valves... dammit :lol:

I did some digging around and found a lot of parts I was planning on ordering a lot cheaper, as well as a full set of sintered brake pads front and rear for $20... figure it's worth a try even if they're shit :rolf:

So far I'm well within my budget, so this thing may actually get fixed after all.