Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Sadly no... good roads are at least an hour away, and you have to fight traffic to get there.

There any videos of xb9's vs xb12's in like say... the 1/4 mile?

I'd deal with the silver frame if the acceleration was more brutal from a dead stop :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Got it back together all but the fairings. Changed the oil (old oil was black as shit).

All that's left is to put the battery in, torque the rear brake rotor, put some gas in it, fire it up and see what is/isn't fixed.

I have a feeling it needs the FPR, the civic one seemed to work at first, but it started showing the symptoms of a bad one. Don't have the money for it now though.

If it's not raining I'll try to fire it up tomorrow and hopefully ride it a little... it'll be nice to ride it with a nice new, non-seized chain and sprockets with all their teeth :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Yeah... worse than ever...

Idk what the fuck the problem is. First it didn't want to start, then I finally got it to but it's missing and backfiring like a motherfucker... and it still idles WAY too high when it's cold.

Idk if the FPR can cause it to run that shitty or not, but that's the only thing I can think of that's wrong with it.

All of the valves were within .003" spec, timing chain was marked so it went back on as it came off (Rotated it a few times to make sure, it was good.)

And I can't really afford the FPR right now so if I go blow $77 and it doesn't fix it... I'll probably sell the fucker for $700 for a $300 profit. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Still waiting for the CBR forums to approve my account so I can get second opinions.....

Ignore the rattle, that manual CCT is a bitch to get adjusted just right.

https://youtu.be/fd16CUh2F40

That's with the cold idle wax unit screw backed all the way out.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, I actually adjusted about an inch worth of slack out them last night :lol:

IF it's not the FPR, then the only thing I can think of is maybe you twist the cold idle screw IN to lower rpms... I'm gonna take the airbox off again tomorrow and try fix the damn cam chain rattle so I'll look and see what the adjuster screw does then since I can see the valves the wax unit moves.

It's still running like shit... but perhaps the throttle bodies severely need to be synced.

R13

The other asshole
Got the idle calmed down... deleted the fucking dumbass cold idle unit... I don't need that shit, I grew up with carbed dirtbikes.

I believe I've made a mistake :lol:

https://youtu.be/RKnmJ5Gx5HE

Needless to say I'm taking the valve cover back off to check the timing and recheck the valves to make sure that's not the cause of the ticking. :smackself:

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: You'd go fucking insane with how many sounds the XB makes.... Which I'm told are all completely normal :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I wouldn't care if I didn't know first hand this bike can be quieter :lol:

Something is for sure wrong though, the timing is off a tooth or something, it sounds like a damn air cooled vw :rolf: