Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
It's still hideous :lol:

Just fix the damn timing, the F4 has basically the same procedure and it takes an hour if the bike's fully assembled from the start.

It's basically the same thing as doing it on a b series.

94RS

No fucks given.
It's a pain because of the single carb :lol:

Fairly certain the manifold was made wrong too. All of the other left exits I've seen have less of a bend than mine and exits behind where your leg sits. With mine, it hit my knee before I bought the flat K&N.

94RS

No fucks given.
Those CV carbs can't be tuned right on pod filters. Need the OEM air box, which I chopped out.

Only other option would be buying another Mikuni, carb boots, jets and a different throttle cable... But I'm not spending another $200-300 on the KZ that's maybe worth $1400 in running condition with all the shit I've added :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Now you get it... Might be able to get 1k out of it if I talk up all the spare shit on it and include all the extra OEM parts :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
If nothing else, I could return it completely back to stock, sell the bike and spare engine as an "all there" project for $700, and sell the aftermarket parts to people in the KZ group on FB.

That fucking seat alone was $300 and they gave a spare all black cover for it since they took forever to ship it. Another $300-350 for the carb setup, close to $100 for the HID headlight setup, $300 for the pipe, $80 for the lowered shocks.

R13

The other asshole
Huh... learn something new every day...

I got curious as to why the upper fairing was loose and floppy... turns out the mirrors are what holds it on... I now know why they go to all the trouble of making mirror block off plates :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I just realized the blast is an American grom :rolf:

Except had the Blast been done the way Erik wanted it, it would've been more than a "learner" bike.

There were plans to make a 600cc variant, and make different versions that added a rear cylinder that went as big as 1400cc. The engine ended up costing HD too much to develop and the only things that came from it were the Blast engine (492cc) and the XB engines.

The XB9 (984cc) is essentially a Blast engine with the rear cylinder added, different heads, more aggressive cams (HD actually sold stock XB cams as Screamin' Eagle cams for Sportsters :lol: ), fuel injection, and I think higher compression pistons. Same bore and stroke.

The XB12 is just a long stroke version of the XB9 engine... Which is why it's rated for only 12hp more.

Huh... learn something new every day...

I got curious as to why the upper fairing was loose and floppy... turns out the mirrors are what holds it on... I now know why they go to all the trouble of making mirror block off plates :lol:
You derpy bastard... I could've told you that :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
The XB12 is just a long stroke version of the XB9 engine... Which is why it's rated for only 12hp more.

So what you're saying is... I want an xb9?

You derpy bastard... I could've told you that :rolf:

It's been awhile since I had a sportbike :lol:

One pack of shims is here... I could've save a shit load of money buying these $6 5 packs...

The other pack... that shipped out at the same time... from the same place... from the same carrier..... gets here tomorrow.......

And Amazon wonders why they're having trouble making money with prime shipping :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
So what you're saying is... I want an xb9?
I doubt you'd want the silver frame that I have though :rolf:

The only differences between the 9 and 12 are the primary sprocket, (34T on the XB9; 38T on the XB12) the pistons, crankshaft and throttle bodies. A common mod for the 12 is swapping to the 9 primary for an increase in acceleration... Top speed drops a few MPH, but these bikes were never made for top end anyway. Which is something everyone always seems to forget :lol:

I'm sure there's plenty of s*** like this where you live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8G9wT_f4w

Anyway.... XB9 pistons will swap in, but it supposedly brings the compression up to 12:1. Both 9 and 12 are 10:1 stock... So you'll most likely end up grenading the engine a hell of a lot sooner than if you left it alone.

XB12:

XB9: