Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I think it's just shitty gas, or a clogged injector(s).

I took the high pressure line off running to the rail and primed the pump. Plenty of gas there, got spark... after fiddling with it it's definitely a fuel delivery problem. It almost acts like it's flooded.

Also I poured some of the gas out and it burns REALLY black... i fucking hate to have to drain that shit out and put 93-97 in it from my usual go-to station, but that's looking like my issue.

R13

The other asshole
The issues is because it's 87, and it's fucking loaded with ethanol so it just can't light it off. I've gotten gas there before in the truck and it ran fine, but I did notice I got about 14mpg off that tank rather than the usual 17 so I guess that shit is looooaded.

I left a rag in my basement/garage with gas on it where I cracked the line and my house just smell like straight up ethanol, barely a hint of gas in it.

And yeah. I poured out just enough to make a football sized spot on my driveway and lit it. Shit was rolling of black smoke harder than your gay 5th cousin rolls coal in his 2nd gen Cummins. Left a fucking black mark on my driveway from the 10 seconds it was burning too.

94RS

No fucks given.
The Buell is rated for 91 minimum, and 93 is necessary with the map on the new ECM. I always use 93 in everything I own anyway, except for the van since I don't pay for that gas.

And no, I don't give a s*** that I'm "wasting money." Anytime I've ran anything lower than 93, cars or bikes, they've seemed to run worse to me.

R13

The other asshole
The F4 is rated for 87, but when it's like 60% ethanol it doesn't matter, shit ain't gonna run. :retard:

I have run it on both 87 from another gas station, and 93 and there wasn't much of a difference if any (IIRC cold starts were slightly easier with 93).

And no, I don't run unnecessarily high octane in the ford's. The truck benefits from it in no way because it runs the same and gets the same mpg, it just runs hotter, which in an automatic with the trans cooler built into the radiator, you want to keeps temps as low as possible for the sake of your trans life. And the mustang is already a god damn furnace forged in the fires of hell :lol: doesn't need hotter burning fuel in it just for the sake of spending more money. :lol:

And I never once put less than 93 in my gsr. I kept 97 in it when I could get it, but never less than 93. This little incident with the F4 just happened because everyone on the forums agreed that there was little to no difference between running 87 and 93 in the F4's.

Either way it doesn't matter. Tomorrow I'm gonna drain it and fill it up with 93, then we'll see if that's the magic cure.

R13

The other asshole
I wish I would :lol:

I'd sell that shit to big time drug companies for billions, then sell it to everyone for next to nothing as a fuck you to big time medicine corporations, then I'd fill my $350k custom built house's garage with all the new, and rare low mileage garage queen used bikes I could ever fucking want, and as a memory of where I came from I'd string the F4 up in the tree in the front yard and set fire to it :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Does your dumbass redneck gas station happen to go by RON ratings? Because I've never heard of 97 octane where I live, the highest is usually 93. Occasionally you'll find a Sunoco with 100 or 110 octane, but that shit is like $9/gal.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I wish I would :lol:

I'd sell that s*** to big time drug companies for billions, then sell it to everyone for next to nothing as a f*** you to big time medicine corporations, then I'd fill my $350k custom built house's garage with all the new, and rare low mileage garage queen used bikes I could ever f***ing want, and as a memory of where I came from I'd string the F4 up in the tree in the front yard and set fire to it :rolf:
Actual reaction from you

R13

The other asshole
Does your dumbass redneck gas station happen to go by RON ratings? Because I've never heard of 97 octane where I live, the highest is usually 93. Occasionally you'll find a Sunoco with 100 or 110 octane, but that shit is like $9/gal.

Nah. 97 is rare. I've only seen it at one little gas station down in the dead part of town. It used to be a BP and for as long as I can remember throughout all the vehicles I've been around growing up that place always seems to have had the best gas. That's where I usually go, and I think the last time I was there they only had 93 octane now. :/