Blox type b tuned series cams

xZachTheRipper8

I have a similar build to this, but I have lsvtec with gsr head. im using p73-a0 pistons which are the usdm type r pistons I believe, I cant remember, but I also used my stock rods, I just had them shot peened and installed arp rod bolts and so far ive had no problems. the ls/b20 rods are weaker and tend to break under high rpms compared to the gsr or itr which can spin up to 9k rpms but if you install the rod bolts and have them shot peened you should be okay

ALL M0T0R

DDTECHCAMS.COM
Shot peeing is overrated and really not necessary.

Also, BloxB camshafts are recently coming up a lot breaking on people. I'd be weary on them.. I've had a few customers switch over to mine or other brands because they have some threads poping up about them breaking.. bad batch of cores I guess.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
There are some reported cases of the Blox B cams breaking at the cam gear after relatively short periods of use. A few members of Honda Tech had this happen to them. Grenaded their fresh engines.

IMO these cams would be a nice choice for you build: http://www.crower.com/index.php/camshafts/acura-1-8-gsr-vtec-dohc-camshaft-price-per-pair-5565.html

They retain the factor idle lobes for streetability, but use the race lobes in VTEC. I have personal experience with the Crowers and I can honestly say they are quite nice for a build like yours.

zack11122

Well thanks. I will look into those cams.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2