Blurred Plates

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
that's why you carry a fucking mag lite in your car.
Who the fuck uses one of those as an actual source of light?

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
you can become a member of a online site (city something) for a monthly fee, and search peoples licences plates.
it will tell you their address, name, car history Etc.

^thats why
or know someone that works for insurance companies! :twisted:

Rich-PMS

Well who the hell posts those things on a public forum? Morons, that's who.
ever post something forsale? 90% of the forums make you post a phone number, and email address.

From that you can find other forsale threads on any other forums.
Www.switchboard.com would give yu address if you have a phone number
email will reviel a face book, a name will reviel a facebook. Facebook could reviel a name or phone number.

Morons post their social security number. EVERYONES email and phone number can be attained fairly easy.

My phone number, email, paypal, address- are all posted on several forums. I buy and sell 60+ items a month. It's not a big deal.

If someone on the net really wanted to steal your car, all it'd take is them to buy an item off you- your address would be on the package.

And then a few weeks/months he sells you an item. You give him shipping address- compares it to the first address. If they're the same there's a good chance your car is there. If they're differant it gces him TWO addresses to scope out.

Think about it- it's 2011- you can't protect yourself that much when you're on public forums, facebook, post on CL.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ever post something forsale? 90% of the forums make you post a phone number, and email address.
Nope, I do not. Everything I have sold or purchased has been either meeting up locally, no return address listed or from someone I know personally. I'm not on myspace or facebook either.

Last edited:

whitedc4

i think people go overboard worrying. i'm on a main highway everyday where thousands of people can see my tag. i'm thankful though that people can see my tag and i can see others a guy side scraped me the day after my paint was done and because i got his tag number the next day i got it fixed.

WAR 178

Premium User
ususally I dont mind having my info on my car out there... I have a TON of security features(to slow em down while I pop a magazine into the XD9mm,S&W .40cal, or the AR-15) trust me if they come to the house looking.....its the last mission for thieves! Its the guys that follow you nowadays!

ACJett

Enthusiast
Perfect example is when I proved that "rev'd up racing" and "spooled up racing" were associated with each other! Took me 10 minutes to find address, numbers, facebooks with pictures of them together.
Ooooooh, I must have missed this debacle. Turned out to be shady, huh?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
alot of the crap isnt accurate though, they list my brother as living at a address he never has and hes been dead 11 years

Rich-PMS

alot of the crap isnt accurate though, they list my brother as living at a address he never has and hes been dead 11 years
Sorry to hear about your brother. My brother died 12 years ago.

But I use these kind of research items to track down dead beats that don't pay their storage. It works wonderfully :) 95% of the time it's accurate