bov not releasing pressure

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
2nd gen 1G?

The 2Gen DSM BOV is a plastic POS. The 1Gen DSM BOC is a actually a good piece, and it's actually metal LOL

I would run the BOV on it's own dedicated vacuum line.

01lsturbo

but the thing i don't get is it was working before i checked all vacuum lines and theres no leak went over the car checked out all pipes they are bolted on tight and i still can't find the problem what other vacuum lines can affect it?

patrick4588

Integra God
while the car is running take the vacuum line off thats plugged into the bov. put your finger over the end of the hose. you should feel it pulling pretty hard; if not you have a vacuum leak somewhere. do you have a vacuum/psi gauge?

01lsturbo

well it pulls pretty good when i have my finger over it the motor sounds like its gunna stall but it doesn't so what else could it be?

01lsturbo

well i checked all vacuum lines and there is nothing stuck in them or cracks on the lines or holes in them but today it warmed up a bit and its drives better but still lags but not as much still the bov is not releasing i have the dsmn bov on still and i can see the valve in the bov close when i rev then when it idles it opends a bit but that normal right? and it also means that the pressure isn't trapped in the engine and its not putting pressure on turbo it self right??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i can see the valve in the bov close when i rev then when it idles it opends a bit but that normal right?
Yes, that is normal.

As for it not releasing during driving, that is not good for the turbo. That can be very hard on the compressor wheel and thrust bearings

patrick4588

Integra God
how do you know its not working? just wondering. just because you cant hear it, doesnt mean its not working necessarily. are you hearing a lot of compressor surge?

01lsturbo

well okay it is normal that the bov does it so now i know the damage that can be done to the turbo and yea when i drive i can't hear the bov anymore either but the valve does move when playing with throttle and before this happened the bov i could hear but now i can't hear anything.

patrick4588

Integra God
like i said, just because you cant hear it, doesnt mean its not working. if the valve is working properly at idle just revving it; chances are it works while driving. unless you hear some compressor surge, you are probably good to go.