Brake Light on the dash

sn@ke3ater

For about a month, my dashboard light that says Brake would flash on randomly, now its on all the time. when I have to brake hard, there's a weird creaking noise. Does this mean I need new break fluid?

also, just as of tonight, my brake lights have gotten stuck on. I tried to pull the fuses that keep them on but they wouldn't go out. I finally unplugged one of the battery cables so they wouldn't be on all night.

does anyone know anything about any of these problems?

thanks.

yoshi408

As for dash light being on means that your low on fluid, and for brake lights staying on check the switch on the brake pedal might have got stuck .

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
as others have said check fluid levels. the light will flash when you are near the "Low Level" line

also do you have ABS?

Ganyon

My brake light kept flashing too and the fluid was full. All I did was take the top off and play with it a bit and now the light stays off.

jbrown97ls

I just read the OP in its entirety. My bad!

Check my build thread for a photo of the part and it's part number

R13

The other asshole
That's what he said.

also, just as of tonight, my brake lights have gotten stuck on. I tried to pull the fuses that keep them on but they wouldn't go out. I finally unplugged one of the battery cables so they wouldn't be on all night.
Edit: lol, It's good.

jbrown97ls

I need to stop browsing CI when driving. Mostly because it's dangerous and I make dumb errors like that. Back to the open road!