Brakes and Rotors

94RS

No fucks given.
Any reason for drilled and slotted? You actually lose braking surface with a drilled and slotted rotor, not to mention drilled are more fragile. Slotted is fine but I found that slotted rotors become blanks after time.

So with this being said, would the drilled/slotted rotors are mainly for looks as it doesn't sound like there's much of an upside?

Nick_C78

So with this being said, would the drilled/slotted rotors are mainly for looks as it doesn't sound like there's much of an upside?
It makes a difference for cheaper pads and old pads back in the day because they put off gasses. The gasses would build up between the rotor and pad and result in poor braking. Mordern pads, especially quality ones don't really need it.

There are some benefits for drilled rotors though. They are lighter and proper ones cool better...however, cheap drilled rotors are crap and for looks only.

Noneed2Hate

at $130 I can only assume it is indeed cheap driller crap rotors for looks only because #hellaflushyo :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
They were extremely cheap ($130) thats for all four rotors and ceramic brake pads all around and I figured why not I'll try them out. I don't take my car to the track, so I didn't think nothing of it, till I start getting told all the disadvantages of them..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yup what happens when you go down a hill in traffic and everyones riding their brakes making you ride your brakes? that heat could crack the rotors. Especially since your package costs $130 for 8 pieces. that comes out to a $16.25 drilled rotor. I would run $20 blanks all day but not a drilled rotor.

It makes a difference for cheaper pads and old pads back in the day because they put off gasses. The gasses would build up between the rotor and pad and result in poor braking. Mordern pads, especially quality ones don't really need it.

There are some benefits for drilled rotors though. They are lighter and proper ones cool better...however, cheap drilled rotors are crap and for looks only.
propper ones cost an arm and a leg tho...............................................

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Besides, aren't ventilated rotors much better for heat ventilation?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Yeah, I know that. What I was trying to say is that it would be better to leave them alone?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
meh. blanks i think are the best. drilled ones can get clogged with brake material, the slots can get clogged with brake material etc.

R13

The other asshole
What the fuck did I just read?

Well you're an asshole that's talking shit. If you don't like what I post then stay the hell off. Enough said, have a fantastic day troll!

You're a special kind of stupid...

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
What I did was I just drilled holes in my blank ones. It was free and it actually improved my braking. You should give it a shot.