Breather Filters? Crankcase Breathers?

Samurai.. Nice can... HATE the hose and the way it is bent over the back like that.. I was thinking it would look nice in the back with a smaller hose that looks a bit better..

I want a catch can so bad lol.

red.line

just remember the shin bone is connected to the Knee bone :)

I love this forum.. one of the best ones out there.. such a tight nit family and we can have different opinions and not argue about it..

I'm glad I found this forum.
Agreed x37589012
I love this forum, I checked out team integra and it looks alright just seems pretty arrogant and way too strict in the way that if you ever mention anything except integras your shit gets deleted.
This place has great info, great people and some of the sickest cars, integras or otherwise.
Being that this is a smaller forum (which I don't mind at all) the only reason I go elsewhere is to find out something that I can't find an answer for here which isn't often.

To sum up, Club Integra FTW!!! :D

Are you referring to me?
Yes you dork! lol.. Did you use a piece for garden hose for your breather?

Clean it up and make that piece look good IMO its the only "bad" part of your engine bay is that hose.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yes you dork! lol.. Did you use a piece for garden hose for your breather?

Clean it up and make that piece look good IMO its the only "bad" part of your engine bay is that hose.
Fuck are you talking about man? The hose came with the Carbing oil catch tank. And don't worry about my engine bay, it'll look hella clean after the wire tuck. :thumbs up

that is one of those clear corigated hoses right?? (clear with the wrapping in it) same stuff I use for hose on my fish tanks :p

Wire tuck = pure sex!

Surferman

I found this on TI, just wanted to post it here for more infomation.
» Are breather filters really bad?
Yes they are. Read further for why.
"Here's the stock PCV diagram from the Helms manual. On the left is a cutaway view of the engine. On the right is a cutaway view of the stock intake. In the middle are the separate breather circuit and the PCV valve circuit:

All you have to learn is how the fresh air cicuit flows (follow the open white arrow) and how the crankcase vapor (with oil vapors in it ) circuit flows (follow the black arrows). Notice which circuit flows to the valve cover (on top of the engine on the left)....it's NOT the crankcase vapors. When you add a breather, you remove the line from the intake to the valve cover.

The honda crankcase breather is a POSITIVE pressure ventilation system.The air from the intake blows into the valve cover. It is NOT a negative pressure ventilation system...it does NOT suck air from the valvecover to the intake.

Breathers remove the source of positive ventilation that repressurizes the POSTIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) valve.

There is less pressure in the crank when you add a breather at the valve cover. The consequence of this is you get more positive blow-by from the combustion chamber past the piston rings and into the crankcase. More blow-by means less cylinder pressure...less cylinder pressure means the burn is slower and less complete...the result is more emissions and less power.

If you want to do this right and remove oil vapor from the circulating crankcase before it goes into the intake valve then, get an oilcatch can and put a breather on the catch can. Then place the catch can in between the valve cover breather and the PCV valve.

Disconnecting the breather tube, which blows fresh intake air into the valve cover, and placing a breather on the valve cover just creates more blow-by and emissions. Eventually you have so much blow-by, you lose power.