Should the ban be lifted on Captain Obvious?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

thats why we need new mods. ones who actually drive integras and that actually are active on this site.
I agree with the active part but why do all of the mods need to drive Integras? People sell and buy cars, so once they they sell an Integra we need to find new moderators? If they like Integras, why does it matter what car do they drive? But I do agree, it seems like alot of the moderators aren't active, but then again, they have lives to live.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
would you care about a forum nearly as much if you werent directly a part of the community? they at least need to drive a honda. most important thing is that theyre active. I hardly ever see them in the chat threads and what not

Kyle

would you care about a forum nearly as much if you werent directly a part of the community? they at least need to drive a honda. most important thing is that theyre active. I hardly ever see them in the chat threads and what not
But they are all part of the community. Everyone here on this forum loves cars because if they didn't, they wouldn't join it. I'm not bashing you but if people upgrade to different cars I don't see why not they can't stay. I rather have a moderator who is a good moderator and drives a mustang than one who blows but drives a JDM Integra Type R with all the cool rare parts. Character is what matters, not the car. I think the majority of our moderators are wrapped up in their lives so they can't post as much as they would like. But I do think that we should have more active moderators on the forum, whether that be designating more of them or relieving some of the less active ones of their duties. I'm tired of seeing of these threads popping up by new members which can be easily solved by goggling. I'm in for helping but somethings can be easily solved with just simple old reading. A thread like "what cams would be good" or "what are the reviews on cam X" I think is fair because people want opinions them not. Not " I want more power from my LS". Personally, there should be a trial period like Honda Tech so that people can't just join and post a thread on their first post. Sorry but it would cut down probably on the spam.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I don't mind if they don't drive a teg, I for one will continue to be active on here even after I sell my teggy, y'all are like my second family :thumbs up but x2 on having mods that are active, I haven't seen one on here or weeks aside from mark poping on for a minute earlier this week

speedin

The Transporter
I agree with the active part but why do all of the mods need to drive Integras? People sell and buy cars, so once they they sell an Integra we need to find new moderators? If they like Integras, why does it matter what car do they drive? But I do agree, it seems like alot of the moderators aren't active, but then again, they have lives to live.
I don't mind if they don't drive a teg, I for one will continue to be active on here even after I sell my teggy, y'all are like my second family :thumbs up but x2 on having mods that are active, I haven't seen one on here or weeks aside from mark poping on for a minute earlier this week
The Moderators on this site were chosen in part due to the fact of how long they have been around. We all move between cars, thats just how it is. Instead of thinking of it as "they dont have Integra's so they are not as involved." Think of it as we have sold our Integra's long ago, but we enjoy the community so much that we stayed around.

Have I been absent lately yes, classes kick my ass for the majority of my time. We all have lives, but yes I also agree that many of our mainstays have become increasingly absent. They also have lives and its clear as of late that their time has not allowed them to get on CI and read the thousands of posts per day. Remember its not as if we get paid or rewarded for any of this, its purely for you, the community. Although sometimes we are the bad guys we always try to make our decisions in the best interest of all of you, even when in the short term it may not see that way at all.

I strongly believe we do need more mods and there is already a few people in line who know who they are. The problem is this is not my decision alone to make and for near about a week I have not been able to contact the other mods. I will wait just a bit longer to see if I can contact them, if I still have no response I think their absence will be the most vocal vote to bring on new mods.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I say we all just troll the site til the ban is lifted....trolls unite!!!!
That would negate the gains I'm trying to make by posting this thread
But they are all part of the community. Everyone here on this forum loves cars because if they didn't, they wouldn't join it. I'm not bashing you but if people upgrade to different cars I don't see why not they can't stay. I rather have a moderator who is a good moderator and drives a mustang than one who blows but drives a JDM Integra Type R with all the cool rare parts. Character is what matters, not the car. I think the majority of our moderators are wrapped up in their lives so they can't post as much as they would like. But I do think that we should have more active moderators on the forum, whether that be designating more of them or relieving some of the less active ones of their duties. I'm tired of seeing of these threads popping up by new members which can be easily solved by goggling. I'm in for helping but somethings can be easily solved with just simple old reading. A thread like "what cams would be good" or "what are the reviews on cam X" I think is fair because people want opinions them not. Not " I want more power from my LS". Personally, there should be a trial period like Honda Tech so that people can't just join and post a thread on their first post. Sorry but it would cut down probably on the spam.
Idc if they drive Integras or not, I care about them being here for the better of the community as a whole, not some pipe dream they have of what the community could be if everyone sent flowers to each other on Vday. I've had no problems with any mod's, other than Scott; I actually think Mark is a really cool dude, and we're able to joke with each other
The Moderators on this site were chosen in part due to the fact of how long they have been around. We all move between cars, thats just how it is. Instead of thinking of it as "they dont have Integra's so they are not as involved." Think of it as we have sold our Integra's long ago, but we enjoy the community so much that we stayed around.

Have I been absent lately yes, classes kick my ass for the majority of my time. We all have lives, but yes I also agree that many of our mainstays have become increasingly absent. They also have lives and its clear as of late that their time has not allowed them to get on CI and read the thousands of posts per day. Remember its not as if we get paid or rewarded for any of this, its purely for you, the community. Although sometimes we are the bad guys we always try to make our decisions in the best interest of all of you, even when in the short term it may not see that way at all.

I strongly believe we do need more mods and there is already a few people in line who know who they are. The problem is this is not my decision alone to make and for near about a week I have not been able to contact the other mods. I will wait just a bit longer to see if I can contact them, if I still have no response I think their absence will be the most vocal vote to bring on new mods.
This is going in a direction that I am not interested in; this is about my account being banned when it did not do the community any harm and literally brought laughs to half the site.
Please respond to my last post regarding Captain Obvious, I'm really shocked that I'm receiving so much resistance with this considering the magnitude...

42 votes now, staff... Call the shot, please

Waiting for moderator comment..... If the community can't vote to make a small change like this then wtf are we all doing here. Considering it was Scott who probably banned all my accounts, it would be nice to hear from him, but any mod will do. It sucks how MIA all the staff has been and how much they never answer my questions when I publicly call them out for BS like this. I've commented on VIP threads to try and keep it there, but I notice they stop posting there and move to the n00b chat, then when I follow them there, they disappear. It's bulls***, really.
I tried to do this many different ways, but making a spectacle seems to be the only way to make sure my voice is heard.

39 votes, staff.. Balls in your court. Unban him

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Please stay on topic, I promise we can overthrow the regime first thing after lunch on Tuesday when Captain Obvious comes back

speedin

The Transporter
This is going in a direction that I am not interested in; this is about my account being banned when it did not do the community any harm and literally brought laughs to half the site.
Please respond to my last post regarding Captain Obvious, I'm really shocked that I'm receiving so much resistance with this considering the magnitude...

42 votes now, staff... Call the shot, please
I didnt ban you so id have to talk with Scott before overturning his decision. Im not sure why the account was banned in the first place. But I dont run this site, so its not my call alone to make. Right now there are more pressing matters on this site than one account you want to toy around with. I'll come back to this after, for now just relax and wait.

I promise we can overthrow the regime first thing after lunch on Tuesday when Captain Obvious comes back
This isnt helping your case.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I didnt ban you so id have to talk with Scott before overturning his decision. Im not sure why the account was banned in the first place. But I dont run this site, so its not my call alone to make. Right now there are more pressing matters on this site than one account you want to toy around with. I'll come back to this after, for now just relax and wait.

This isnt helping your case.
Not sure how you didn't catch the sarcasm in the second post considering the first post explained that I had no issues with you or anyone else for that matter, just a different viewpoint than Scott. I was under the impression you and I could joke together, Mark
And if Scott is never posts or avoids my questions when he does, where is the resolve. It's like we all have to bend over backwards for n00bs wanting to make moar power but when it comes to someone like me that has contributed to the site on quite a few different levels, the point is mute; that is a big portion some of the most helpful people don't care to log in. In business we sometimes quest for the new customers and clients so diligently that we literally set aside some of the people that had been supporting the longest

speedin

The Transporter
Not sure how you didn't catch the sarcasm in the second post considering the first post explained that I had no issues with you or anyone else for that matter, just a different viewpoint than Scott. I was under the impression you and I could joke together, Mark
And if Scott is never posts or avoids my questions when he does, where is the resolve. It's like we all have to bend over backwards for n00bs wanting to make moar power but when it comes to someone like me that has contributed to the site on quite a few different levels, the point is mute; that is a big portion some of the most helpful people don't care to log in. In business we sometimes quest for the new customers and clients so diligently that we literally set aside some of the people that had been supporting the longest
I retort the second comment then. Detecting sarcasm on the net isnt the easiest thing. I am still waiting for the sarcasm punctuation mark that was talked about a year ago.

Give me another day or so and ill have a decision for you. But when looking back over the rules explicitly and the posts I dont see the harm in lifting the ban.

rockadilla

thats right.
this is part of the reason i dislike this site more and more... i was hoping we were past this, but i guess a few members still feel the need to try and cause drama when its not needed,

how about we DELETE the lounge section and so there is nowhere to talk about anything but Integras like TI anything off topic will get a warning, next off topic is permanent ban :)

Status
Not open for further replies.