Buying a RSX Type-S

kleenkreativ

I've never had any grinding problem or poping problem, even beofe my clutch went out. If you have that problem try to bleed the CMC and get a tranny fluid swap, that should help.
I definitely need to do this soon, as well as an oil change. Gonna cost me an arm and a leg, though, because I accept nothing but the best of everything for this car (ie: synthetic oil, premium gas, etc.) :)

DropThatHammer

I definitely need to do this soon, as well as an oil change. Gonna cost me an arm and a leg, though, because I accept nothing but the best of everything for this car (ie: synthetic oil, premium gas, etc.) :)
Well the type-s is only supposed to use premium unleaded fuels only, it says on the gas tank door and in the owners manual, and that is becuase of the 11:1 compression, anything non-premium will cause engine knock and if not, it will cause poor performance. As for tranny fluid, i'd only recommend using Honda Transmission Fluid, because it is made for our trannys and has very important additives that are needed for our cars. Royal Purple and performance transmission fluids seem to get good reviews but any Honda Tech will tell you about how important it is to stick with Honda brand on that. Motor oil is different obviously, any name brand should do plenty (AmsOil,Mobil1,Penzoil,etc) as long as you get them scheduled on time.:D
But i'm sure you knew all or most of this!

kleenkreativ

Well the type-s is only supposed to use premium unleaded fuels only, it says on the gas tank door and in the owners manual, and that is becuase of the 11:1 compression, anything non-premium will cause engine knock and if not, it will cause poor performance. As for tranny fluid, i'd only recommend using Honda Transmission Fluid, because it is made for our trannys and has very important additives that are needed for our cars. Royal Purple and performance transmission fluids seem to get good reviews but any Honda Tech will tell you about how important it is to stick with Honda brand on that. Motor oil is different obviously, any name brand should do plenty (AmsOil,Mobil1,Penzoil,etc) as long as you get them scheduled on time.:D
But i'm sure you knew all or most of this!
Mine's not a Type-S, but I still buy premium gas, anyhow. :)
Thanks for the tip on the tranny fluid – definitely need to replace that soon, as I've already put quite a few miles on it since I've had it.

AwesomeSN

While I do have very slight tranny issues, I'm sitting at 120k and don't have any problems with my axles/CV joints. It's not burning much oil, I don't think, but I need to double check that today, after a long weekend trip on the road. I do tend to get into that V-Tech pretty often...lol.
My O2 sensor does need to be replaced, but I have no issues with my master or slave cyliinders (yet.)
I think I lucked out that the one previous owner was a girl who took great care of it (and probably drove it like a grandma...hehe.)
Mine's not a Type-S, but I still buy premium gas, anyhow. :)
Thanks for the tip on the tranny fluid – definitely need to replace that soon, as I've already put quite a few miles on it since I've had it.
Somethings wrong here...I'll let you figure it out