Bye Bye teggy

rockadilla

thats right.
not gonna say anything about ur choice of car, but its always sad to see when somebody has to sell thier teg

hgocasca

level 77 troll
We lost a good man, to a terrible tragedy,
Dearly beloved,
We are gathered here not to morn a loss, but to celebrate gaining a spot for another die-hard teggy fan in the near future.......

DarkDB1

Yea, Miata's are soo gay... Indestructible light weight RWD sport compact, So girly and a FWD economy compact car is super manly and totally the best car in the world. :roll:

I wonder why alot of people recommend them for starter SCCA drivers. :???:

FYI, Integra's are the Scion TC's of its time.

jdean41

I love miatas yo! they are fun. And if i ever buy another vehicle made by honda it will without a doubt b another DA. I almost cried when the guy came and picked mine up. Who knows maybe ill have another, and if i do get another im goin all out on it lol My buddy is trying to talk me into buying his but i cant afford yet another car right now lol

01FTW

I couldn't really imagine driving any other car except an integra.
I'll do my best to keep it running and running forever....till the day I smash into something.
It'd be funny if you got into an accident later today.. well, not funny, ironic.

DarkDB1

I love miatas yo! they are fun. And if i ever buy another vehicle made by honda it will without a doubt b another DA. I almost cried when the guy came and picked mine up. Who knows maybe ill have another, and if i do get another im goin all out on it lol My buddy is trying to talk me into buying his but i cant afford yet another car right now lol
Give yourself more time. After this Miata look into another car but with over 200HP and either AWD or RWD... A Integra is a stepping stone for a lot of people, I've been in "this game" for a long time now and noticed only a very few keep their Integra's for more the a few years and thats either because that ONE integra holds sentimental value, They got too deep in mods to make any money back (usually have a different car too) They cant afford anything else or they don't know much about anything else.

You'll start to realize its REALLY nice to go to the mall or a movie and know for a fact your car will still be there when you get back, You get used to people not giving you shit because you drive a modified honda, You get used to avoiding a stereo type and you begin to realize that 130-140HP in a FWD car is not impressive... I loved my DB and it sucked the first week after selling it, But I had the opportunity to buy it back twice now and I passed up both times without a second thought. Miata's are fun little cars, Toss in a roll cage/roll bars, lower it and it will lose it's gay appeal... Put on some good tires and hit up some autocross events and have fun.

Last edited:

jdean41

yepp. The car has koni adjustable struts, im gonna put some racing beat springs on it, its lowered about an inch or so right now. Im gonna put sway bars, chassis reinforcement and all sorts of stuff lol. Its gonna b insanely fun once i get everything done

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
I hope everything works out for you man, looks like you know what you got yourself into. Have fun :thumbs up

jdean41

oh yeah. This isnt my first rodeo lol. But who knows, maybe ill pick up another teg here soon to daily and use the miata for a track car. We will c. I just know if i do i wont b able to leave it alone so it will b built and stuff haha

Exige24

Yea, Miata's are soo gay... Indestructible light weight RWD sport compact, So girly and a FWD economy compact car is super manly and totally the best car in the world. :roll:

I wonder why alot of people recommend them for starter SCCA drivers. :???:

FYI, Integra's are the Scion TC's of its time.
lol I don't think I got my opinion across very well. It's not to say that Integra's are "manly" cars. They're not. They're nicely styled cars with a little sportiness to them. A guy or a girl wouldn't look out of place driving one....like most cars. There's not really a gender generally assigned to them. They got a little more zip than most "economy" cars do too. I mean, what are early 2000 Civics? 117HP stock? lol Definate "Manly" cars would be Cameros, Mustangs, Vettes. Those types.

Miatas on the other hand definately got a feminine appeal to them. Just talking about their styling mind you, their drive train and ruggedness not withstanding. They just have a daintiness about them. I don't think there's a hard angle on the entire car. lol It's just my opinion too, but I think it's a pretty general one. lol

I'm the second owner of my Teg and have had her for 13 years now. Looks like I'm an exception to your rule too. :thumbs up

Last edited:

DarkDB1

13 year ownership is sentimental value sir and you know your car more then anyone else... But for us common young folk my observations apply.

Exige24

13 year ownership is sentimental value sir and you know your car more then anyone else... But for us common young folk my observations apply.
Sentimental value? Any dude worth his salt has sentimental value in the car he drives. You said yourself you almost cried when you sold your Teg......but you still sold it. Nah. Reason I've had her so long is because she's a fun car to drive, and she's never given me any major problems. She's treated me right and has never given me any reason to sell her. Really as simple as that. That other stuff you mentioned just comes along naturally because of that primary fact. If a car shits out on you, you're not going to like it. I don't care how much sentimental value you have in it,. lmfao Silly kids. It don't hurt that I think that DA's still got some sexy lines to them even going on 20 years old. ;) Tegs are as solid as solid cars come. From my experience anyways.

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Sentimental value? Any dude worth his salt has sentimental value in the car he drives. You said yourself you almost cried when you sold your Teg......but you still sold it. Nah. Reason I've had her so long is because she's a fun car to drive, and she's never given me any major problems. She's treated me right and has never given me any reason to sell her. Really as simple as that. That other stuff you mentioned just comes along naturally because of that primary fact. If a car shits out on you, you're not going to like it. I don't care how much sentimental value you have in it,. lmfao Silly kids. It don't hurt that I think that DA's still got some sexy lines to them even going on 20 years old. ;) Tegs are as solid as solid cars come. From my experience anyways.
I had my DB for 5 years, I put alot of work into it but in the end it is just a car and for me it was time for a change... I got tired of worrying about everything that comes with a modified Honda... DA's are also attractive cars in my opinion but my point was their performance attributes. In stock form they are mediocre but can be made to be better with the right amount of work but then comes the reason I sold mine in the first place.