Bye Bye teggy

Cripton805

Yea, Miata's are soo gay... Indestructible light weight RWD sport compact, So girly and a FWD economy compact car is super manly and totally the best car in the world. :roll:

I wonder why alot of people recommend them for starter SCCA drivers. :???:

FYI, Integra's are the Scion TC's of its time.
WHAT?!? Seriously? Think about a DB2 and compare it to the Mustang 5.0 GT. Get your facts straight son. The DB2 & DC2 together pretty much remained unchanged for about 10 years! "DB2 & DC2"
Tha silly little 4 banger was within half of a second 1/4 mile wise against a big bad V8.

The Integra PwND the Miata.

Exige24

I had my DB for 5 years, I put alot of work into it but in the end it is just a car and for me it was time for a change... I got tired of worrying about everything that comes with a modified Honda... DA's are also attractive cars in my opinion but my point was their performance attributes. In stock form they are mediocre but can be made to be better with the right amount of work but then comes the reason I sold mine in the first place.
I guess you're right. Their low entry price do let a certain subset of people into the mix that aren't exactly the ideal people you want eyeing your car. lol But whatever. I don't give a shit what make your car is, if it's nice, it will turn heads and people will want it. And what can you really do if someone wants to take your car? Some pretty worthwhile things at least. Certain measures can be taken to protect your property and after you do that, that's about all the mental engery worth spending on the matter. If it happens, it happens. Hopefully you made them earn it and if you're really on top of it, you may even have some recourse then.

Not a real reason to sell your car anyways, silly kids.

Last edited:

DarkDB1

WHAT?!? Seriously? Think about a DB2 and compare it to the Mustang 5.0 GT. Get your facts straight son. The DB2 & DC2 together pretty much remained unchanged for about 10 years! "DB2 & DC2"
Tha silly little 4 banger was within half of a second 1/4 mile wise against a big bad V8.

The Integra PwND the Miata.
Where did I mention a 5.0GT? The fox-body was the last real mustang until recently and even then for how heavy it is, stock for stock it is quite under powered at 225HP... But if you wish to compare them

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
0-60 mph: 6.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 14.8 sec
http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/92.shtml

92-93
GS-R: 5-spd
Acceleration (0-60): 7.5sec.
1/4 mile run: 15.7 sec.
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f74/integra-specs-0-60-horsepower-1986-89-90-93-94-2001-a-66263/

GS-R: 5-spd
Acceleration (0-60): 7.2sec.
1/4 Mile Run: 15.5sec.

I have no idea where you are getting your info... I'm looking at factory specs not what individual owners are able to pull up. And there is a difference between a DB2 and DC2.

A integra is more powerful then a Miata, But if you do some suspension on the Miata it is more fun and handles better... I think it is you who needs to get your facts straight and stop thinking of an integra as the best car in the world because it's not. It's a "sport compact" at best which doesn't mean it's a race car or a sports car, It's just a better alternative then a Civic.

DarkDB1

I guess you're right. Their low entry price do let a certain subset of people into the mix that aren't exactly the ideal people you want eyeing your car. lol But whatever. I don't give a shit what make your car is, if it's nice, it will turn heads and people will want it. And what can you really do if someone wants to take your car? Some pretty worthwhile things at least. Certain measures can be taken to protect your property and after you do that, that's about all the mental engery worth spending on the matter. If it happens, it happens. Hopefully you made them earn it and if you're really on top of it, you may even have some recourse then.

Not a real reason to sell your car anyways, silly kids.
I had everything done to it I can, And it still got stolen and it had several attempts at getting stolen. I didn't accept the "if it gets stolen then it gets stolen" logic because I put to much money into the thing and relied on it as my only car.

Don't get me wrong peoples, I like DA/DB's for what they are and I might end up getting one for a DD again because I miss how easy they are to work on compared to my 540i... But there is a booming black market for about any Honda compared to BMW's because BMWs are meant not to get stolen (electric fuel cut off [4 digit security password thing]), REAL locking doors (can lock yourself in the car if you are incompetent enough [doors will not unlock at all without the alarm]) and sensors everywhere.

Last edited:

Exige24

I had everything done to it I can, And it still got stolen and it had several attempts at getting stolen. I didn't accept the "if it gets stolen then it gets stolen" logic because I put to much money into the thing and relied on it as my only car.

Don't get me wrong peoples, I like DA/DB's for what they are and I might end up getting one for a DD again because I miss how easy they are to work on compared to my 540i... But there is a booming black market for about any Honda compared to BMW's because BMWs are meant not to get stolen (electric fuel cut off [4 digit security password thing]), REAL locking doors (can lock yourself in the car if you are incompetent enough [doors will not unlock at all without the alarm]) and sensors everywhere.
Where do you live? damn lolAnyways a garage at the pad for storage, a killswitch and a GPS tracking/paging alarm system for when you visit the mall and I'd say you're pretty set. Full coverage special equipment insurance wouldn't hurt either.

Can you get off those little dainty chick car's collective nuts already? What forum do you think you're on?
lmao

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Where do you live? damn lolAnyways a garage at the pad for storage, a killswitch and a GPS tracking/paging alarm system for when you visit the mall and I'd say you're pretty set. Full coverage special equipment insurance wouldn't hurt either.

Can you get off those little dainty chick car's collective nuts already? What forum do you think you're on?
lmao
I worked for OPD (oakland police) for quite some time, The GPS tracker (let's say lojack) only works if the officers have no calls to go to (rare) or if they happen to be in the area of the car with the lojack activated so the lojack box tracker thing picks up the signal... The DB was always garaged at home, It did have a paging alarm system and it did have a kill switch and it had a quick release wheel. I live in California, About 25 minutes from Stockton and about 45 from Oakland... There's a reason why the Integra and Civic are always top stolen cars... In California it's not a "if my car gets stolen" it's a "when my car gets stolen".

Little dainty chick cars that will out handle a Integra (not sure if the Type-R is included in that) with similar modifications... I wouldn't buy a Miata but I do appreciate their good attributes like I do a DA/DB. If I was looking for a fun little car I'd look into a E30.

I know what forum I'm on, I still find it funny seeing people over glorify their cars. I don't see it much on any of the other 7 car forums i'm on (except the younger M3 guys think they own the holy grail)

Last edited:

jdean41

I want every person that just bashed my car basically to come to habersham county georgia and lets go on a mountain run. One pass up richard b russel or helen mountain and you will retract every statement you just made about them being "dainty little chick cars". I can run 90 up the mountin and never get a single bit of understeer. You take an integra up there you will understeer on almost every corner, believe me....i know. So before you go ranting about how they are more of a girls car think about what your saying. My car is lowered about an inch and has no other mods whats so ever and i can take integras all day long on a curvy road, maybe not a straight line but straight lines are for pussys who are to scared to push the limits and boundaries of a cars true ability.

No Rice Riley

I couldn't really imagine driving any other car except an integra.
I'll do my best to keep it running and running forever....till the day I smash into something.

I hate when people say they could imagine themselves not driving an integra!!! i'm pretty sure you hopped up in a lambo or rolls royce or something im sure you would never go back to a silly honda. i love hondas but i think people need to grow up when they say shit like that? WTF

jdean41

I hate when people say they could imagine themselves not driving an integra!!! i'm pretty sure you hopped up in a lambo or rolls royce or something im sure you would never go back to a silly honda. i love hondas but i think people need to grow up when they say shit like that? WTF
Thank you for saying that!. If you have something super rare like an original shelby gt500, or a mint mazda rx3 or mazda rotary truck or something of the nature that is extremely hard to find then yes your car is probably worth being glorified. But to glorify an integra is just rediculous. Yes they are good cars but they are everywhere and arent this amazing car thats better than anything and everything.

Exige24

I worked for OPD (oakland police) for quite some time, The GPS tracker (let's say lojack) only works if the officers have no calls to go to (rare) or if they happen to be in the area of the car with the lojack activated so the lojack box tracker thing picks up the signal... The DB was always garaged at home, It did have a paging alarm system and it did have a kill switch and it had a quick release wheel. I live in California, About 25 minutes from Stockton and about 45 from Oakland... There's a reason why the Integra and Civic are always top stolen cars... In California it's not a "if my car gets stolen" it's a "when my car gets stolen".

Little dainty chick cars that will out handle a Integra (not sure if the Type-R is included in that) with similar modifications... I wouldn't buy a Miata but I do appreciate their good attributes like I do a DA/DB. If I was looking for a fun little car I'd look into a E30.

I know what forum I'm on, I still find it funny seeing people over glorify their cars. I don't see it much on any of the other 7 car forums i'm on (except the younger M3 guys think they own the holy grail)
Well, there's your problem. lol i'm sure I'd prioritize the aggravated assault armed robberies and murders before looking for my Itegra too. lol I live in Santa Barbara County. The cops would be on my car like flies on shit. They got nothingelse to do.

As for the Miata, you just said it yourself, you wouldn't buy one given the choice. I don't think Integra's are the holy grail by ANY stretch of the imagination. Any. If there was mention of an E30, RX5, Impreza whatever, I wouldn't even have commented. I think that Miatas, and there are a few others, are in fact little delicate chick oriented cars. Little flowers if you will. It's my opinion. Sorry.lol

DarkDB1

Well, there's your problem. lol i'm sure I'd prioritize the aggravated assault armed robberies and murders before looking for my Itegra too. lol I live in Santa Barbara County. The cops would be on my car like flies on shit. They got nothingelse to do.

As for the Miata, you just said it yourself, you wouldn't buy one given the choice. I don't think Integra's are the holy grail by ANY stretch of the imagination. Any. If there was mention of an E30, RX5, Impreza whatever, I wouldn't even have commented. I think that Miatas, and there are a few others, are in fact little delicate chick oriented cars. Little flowers if you will. It's my opinion. Sorry.lol
Actually they wouldn't hunt down your car if you had low jack either way, Because although the town may seem quiet you got people calling in retarded stuff all the time (I talk to the cops in my town [mountain house not many know where it is so its really safe]) and the chances of your car staying in that one city are slim... They'll steal it as you sleep and by the time you report it, it's already several cities over. And if they do show interest in lojack they'll make you bounce around to the other department because they don't want to deal with another cities "jurisdiction".

What experiences do you have with Miatas if I may ask?... I wouldn't buy one because I simply hate convertibles.

Exige24

Actually they wouldn't hunt down your car if you had low jack either way, Because although the town may seem quiet you got people calling in retarded stuff all the time (I talk to the cops in my town [mountain house not many know where it is so its really safe]) and the chances of your car staying in that one city are slim... They'll steal it as you sleep and by the time you report it, it's already several cities over. And if they do show interest in lojack they'll make you bounce around to the other department because they don't want to deal with another cities "jurisdiction".

What experiences do you have with Miatas if I may ask?... I wouldn't buy one because I simply hate convertibles.
Lowjack is old news. The cops don't even have the equipmentt to find lowjack cars where I live. I could see why they don't like to bother with that shit. Most cops are lazy anyways. I wouldn't trust them to put full effort into anything if it didn't mean their jobs or wasn't life and death shit. The newer systems are pro-active from the owners pov. They give you the power to see where your car's at and direct the cops. This way the cops have no recourse to use alot of the excuses they use. "My car is here. Get it or I will." They're also tied into cell phone carriers. Alot of the paging systems are reliant on RF signals. Go too far into the mall, someone sets off your alarm for a second beofore shutting down the siren and you miss it because you're too far out of range. The newer systems actually text you. Shit's tits. :thumbs up

What kind of experience do I need to know that when I see a mini van, I can make a pretty good guess that the person driving it probably has a faimily?

Other chick oriented cars include certain types of Jags, new Beetles, 2004 upwards Thunderbirds, of course Miata's.....off the top of my head. . Do dudes drive all of these cars? Yeah. That doesn't mean there's not a certain stigma attached to them though. There's no really getting around that. I don't really know why we're arguing the point.

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I love it, ha ha, miatas are for women, plain and simple, say what you want, no respectable straight man drives a miata, my aunt has one, it suits her nicely, my uncle refuses to sit in it, let alone drive it, I'm surprised she even gets to use the driveway, he hates it